cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have my first sell. Don't I need to include a return label with my address in the package?

How do I print a return label to include in the package before shipping it?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Have my first sell. Don't I need to include a return label with my address in the package?

@cookiecastle 

No, you don't need to include a return label when you ship an item.

You only need to send a buyer a return label, when the buyer opens a "Return" request.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@cookiecastle 

No, you don't need to include a return label when you ship an item.

You only need to send a buyer a return label, when the buyer opens a "Return" request.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Since I as seller am not paying for shipping, I am assuming the buyer will have to print his own label if he wants to return the item.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@cookiecastle 

"Since I as seller am not paying for shipping, I am assuming the buyer will have to print his own label if he wants to return the item."

Not true.

If the buyer opens a "not as described" case against you, you ARE required to send the buyer a pre-paid return label, which comes from YOUR account.

If you refuse, and the buyer accelerates the case, eBay will force the prepaid label from your bank account, or may refund the buyer entirely from your account, plus add a negative defect against your account -- and the buyer may be allowed to keep the item, as well.

It might be a good idea to read the eBay regulations regarding the Money Back Guarantee.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@cookiecastle wrote:

Your post isn't clear so I have a question. 

It looks like you offer a return policy but you haven't had any sales yet. Are you asking the question in the event a buyer requests a return and you want to know how to handle it? 

If the buyer requests a return for a remorse reason (changed mind, doesn't fit), you accept the return and the buyer will be sent a return shipping label through the order/return request. 

When the buyer sends the item back using that label, the price of the shipping label will be deducted from the buyer's refund. 

However, in the event a buyer requests a return for a NAD (not as described) reason, he'll get the label the same way (through the return request) but the charge for the label will be deducted from your account. 

When you receive the return for NAD, you have to issue a full refund to the buyer. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@cookiecastle wrote:

Congrats on your first sale! Have fun and good luck-

Message 7 of 7
latest reply