cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAMERS sending Black Masks as returns and eBay doesn't do anything about it.

I have had scammers send back black masks instead of the original item and eBay doesn't do anything about it. After refunding the customer automatically and then submitting an appeal eBay says they can't do anything about it because they don't actually don't handle the item and can't see that I didn't get the right item back. This is totally ridiculous since I sent pictures of what was sent back and even the tracking information of the returned item shows it wasn't even sent in from where the item was shipped. eBay really doesn't care about it's sellers and will be its downfall.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

And YOU probably paid for that return label for them to send you the wrong item.  BTW, did your listing of your original item have numerous photos of the actual item?  I take all kinds of photos, including of test (such as voltage for electronics, screen on for computers, etc.  I have even further photos for my own record if (when) customer talks trash.  In the past, that is what protected me.   I think they've dismissed hat this year, even on appeal.  I got an item back but am not 100% convinced it's the same item, certainly not the same condition.  This was one time I didn't clearly photograph the serial number, which I think thwarts scammers.  Granted, I'm also not 100% sure it's not mine.  The point I tried to make was that the 'buyer's' actual photos in the complaint, weren't the same as the item I sent or the item I received back.  I now sell locally, cash, probably don't get top market value, but sometimes get more.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

2-6-2024

I also have this issue and havent been able to get any real help 

"when we let your buyer return the item to you, we also want to make sure that you will receive it in its original condition. Otherwise, we will consider this as a Fraudulent Return, and this is against our policy. However, as we don’t handle items directly, we’re unable to make that determination."

even when i send pics and videos of what we send out 

idk what to do at this point 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

So I've found these scammers before. The scammer copies your listing and sells your item at a lower price and they fill the order with another account buying from you. Then they do a phoney return to get their money back from you.

You can find the scammers a lot of times by searching for your listing name in completed listings, normally they will use your photos and description.

The only way to get your money back is to get on with ebay phone support which takes about 2 hours to get to via ebay customer service. The whole process is intended to make you give up and accept the loss. They are required to protect you because of their sellers protections.. BUT that is their money they are giving you, so expect lots of complications.

Ebay doesn't care about you at all, they got paid by the scammer, they got some money from selling you the return label so why would they care?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: