cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned an item to a seller and seller opens up case because it shows as delievered on ebay.

Couldnt fit everything into the title but here is the summary. Returned an item to a seller as not as described and ebay gives me a return label to ship back to him.  For some reason it shows on ebay that the return is completed but according to usps tracking its still in transit.   seller opens up a case saying "The tracking doesn’t show it isn’t delivered yet".  Now the case is on hold until May 5th so he could send in proper documentation as proof.  I know he isnt at fault here but what im wondering is should i be worried at all as the person whos returning?  This is my first case like this and i want to be fair. What would you do next? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Returned an item to a seller and seller opens up case because it shows as delievered on ebay.

You'll have to wait until the tracking shows delivered, until then the refund won't be processed from my experience. If it never shows delivered by the deadline I would investigate by contacting USPS. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

qeqo_0
Thrill-Seeker

@dietsoap wrote:

1. not as described and 2. ebay gives me a return label to ship back to him. 

For some reason it shows on ebay that the return is completed but 3. according to usps tracking its still in transit.   

4. seller opens up a case saying "The tracking doesn’t show it isn’t delivered yet".  Now the case is on hold until May 5th so he could send in proper documentation as proof. 

What would you do next? 

You don't need contact USPS, or do a thing @dietsoap except wait for your refund.

When you 2. use an eBay return label and it 3. gets at least one scan, you will get a refund even if the label is lost, never picked up, or return to sender back to you.

qeqo_0_0-1714343651583.jpeg

The seller kicked themselves in the tush when they 4. closed the return and opened a case, as that further clinches/clenches your refund.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: