cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Brighton handbags with heart label without serial number real or fake?

I found this bag at a community garage sale fund raiser. I thought  Brighton handbags were supposed to have a leather label with serial number. This one looks like the marine blue 'Linnett' but has a high quality leather label with 'Brighton' and heart imagery instead of one with serial number.  Everything else about this bag looks high quality.  But I have never seen this label before. Is it legitimate?Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 8.00.30 AM.pngIMG_7672.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I've sold quite a few Brighton items.  I don't believe Brightons are faked.

The bag looks authentic to me.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I agree with @a*river*runs*through*it about never seeing a fake "Brighton." 

I've seen bags with styles, hardware and similarly patterned lining that is similar to Brighton's style but I've never seen a counterfeit Brighton, meaning they don't have Brighton markings. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I wrote to Brighton Customer Care and was surprised to get a response within 20 minutes.  They wrote back: "thank you for reaching out to us. Not all of our handbags are registered handbags and the ones that are not will have the patch on the handbag you now own. Most of our smaller handbags, and small cross body handbags are not registered bags. if you have any further questions, Please reach our Consumer Care team at 800-628-7687. The office hours are 7:00am - 5:00pm, Pacific time, Monday - Friday."

It is interesting to me because I have seen the exact same size bag on eBay with a registration number -- so surprised they would make the same bag with and without the registration number.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I had the same experience with a handbag I just purchased here. Gorgeous - brand new, all the Brighton quality I would expect. But the label is exactly like the one above. I started a live chat at the Brighton website and after sending a pic, was told that label is used in sample bags. So it's not "registerable", but it is authentic. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have bought and sold many Brighton bags both with the registration number and without. I have never questioned a Brighton bag, meaning I have never come across any fake Brighton bag, Thank goodness for that! I don't believe they are replicated. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply