cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund to Buyer

How long can a Seller wait before refunding a Buyer for an Order that has not arrived?

I have two orders that I shipped on the same day, that the Post Office has not Tracked, not even to show that they have received the item at the Post Office.  Both are USPS Ground Advantage.  

In the past when I have refunded for late arriving packages, I refunded, then package arrives.

Of course Buyer doesn't contact and offer to Pay me for the order.  Nor on Ebay is there any way for them to resend the payment or even to contact me to ask for my address.  Two orders mailed on 5/8/24 not arrived yet as of 5/17/2024

trustblue127

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Refund to Buyer

The buyer has 30 days from the estimated delivery date in order to file an Item Not Received.  Due to all of the tornados in the midwest, and the restructuring of the USPS hubs, I would try and get the buyer to wait that long before refunding for an Item Not Received.

Once the item has been delivered, after you have refunded, you can contact the buyer and let them know that tracking shows the package was finally delivered, and you would like to be reimbursed.  You can send your Paypal email address to the buyer and the buyer can use their Paypal account to reimburse you.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 2
latest reply