cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoicing for additional items

Hello, wondering if there is a solution. Buyer selected an item and choose BIN. The buyer also wants to add 2 additional items and then be invoiced. All the items have free shipping and are going through GSP. Does the buyer have to add the items to their cart and commit to buy before sending an invoice? I did advise buyer that they needed to select items and commit to buy first. This is the second time this has happend(first time the items had shipping costs associated, different buyer) where buyer asked for invoice and I couldn’t find the option.

Thank You

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can’t send an invoice for unsold items so yes the buyer has to add them to their cart. You shouldn’t be able to send an invoice because it’s a GSP sale. IF any discounts are available the buyer will see them when they check out. If the buyer is able to request an invoice, you do know that sending one kicks the GSP out and you will be shipping directly to the buyer right? You’ll need to figure out the international shipping cost & make sure you use a service that is trackable to the buyers location.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That's the only way I am familiar with doing this. The buyer uses Add To Cart and ebay will calculate shipping for the GSP and send the invoice.

You can cancel the order if they change their mind.  Not sure there is any easier way.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

IF you send them an invoice, you take the items out of GSP and then you are required to ship them yourself.  

Don't send an invoice.  It defeats the purpose of listing as GSP.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If the items have free shipping, there is no need to send an invoice, anyway.

Possibly the buyer is hoping to take the items out of GSP.  Or they may simply think the invoice makes it easier for them to pay.

It takes a few seconds to pay.  

You can explain to the buyer you cannot send an invoice, and with free shipping, there is no need for one.  Thank her for her interest, and assure her that with free shipping, there is no way or advantage to receiving an invoice, and tell her you welcome her interest and her purchases.

Possibly the buyer is used to asking for invoices when buying multiple items and did not realize it is not needed here.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you all for the information. I figured that’s how it worked just wasn’t sure. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply