cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution Center has not been working, for me, the last two days

I have an item that is overdue and when I tried to access the Resolution Center, I got this error:

"Sorry, our system is temporarily unavailable.Please try again later or you can try to resolve the issue by contacting the seller".

I have seen that for two days. I also tried the chat option and there was yet another error. Is anyone aware of this?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Is this a purchase of yours? Does the transaction appear among your recent orders here?

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yes, I am a buyer in this case and the transaction is there. I am aware of how the process works, I'm just getting that error message and would like to know if anyone else is experiencing it.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

By the way, I want to mention something, somewhat, strange that happened. The company, which sells books, was giving me generic replies after I mentioned that the tracking had not shown any updates, at any moment. It's as if I was given a bogus tracking number. Since the order was placed three weeks ago, and no item, I decided to start a dispute on Paypal. Perhaps, I should have started it here, instead of Paypal, but anyway.

The strange thing is that Paypal opened a dispute against Ebay, not the book merchant. Usually, Paypal shows, for example, "Ebay Inc. - Secondhand Book for You" (that store name was made up for illustrative purposes, my apologies if it exists) when you start the process. In this case, it says "Ebay Inc.". I tried to make the distinction, by explaining that the issue is with the book merchant, but this automated systems are not too helpful.

With that being said, could this be the reason why the system is showing an error? Should I take the risk and close the Paypal dispute expecting this to correct the issue and then let Ebay handle it instead? I am a veteran buyer/seller but have not been in a situation like this before. Later.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you open a case with PayPal, you can no longer open a case on eBay.

Typically, because of the way that the deadlines are set up, it makes sense to start with a case on eBay within 30 days of the last estimated shipping date. If the eBay case is not successful, you typically have up to 180 days to start a case with PayPal or your payment source.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I guess that's the problem. I'll have to stick with Paypal and see what happens.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply