cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-Going & Reported Over Two Month Ago - Collectibles WWII Original US Taking Over 24 hrs to go Live

Originally reported in July/August by several sellers. Reported by me September 3 again in October. No replies from ebay. Still not fixed. Sellers are losing out on one day of selling that we are paying for with additional expense if doing promoted listings. Maybe if we say that ebay is losing money instead of sellers, the problem/glitch would get fixed. Either way the fact that there have been no replies from ebay on this several month old problem leads me to lose faith that anyone at ebay has looked into it or cares to fix it. Please prove me wrong. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

On-Going & Reported Over Two Month Ago - Collectibles WWII Original US Taking Over 24 hrs to go Live

@kbcate,

I'm sure that your observation about indexing times is correct, but I'm sorry this is not really a reportable issue. This is just the way it is.

All listings have to be indexed (every word copied into the various search databases) before they can be found by search, and it can take up to 24 hours for this to happen. Usually, indexing takes much less time (a few minutes) but nowadays, according to reports, indexing may take even more than 24 hours in some cases.

Although most listings will be indexed much more quickly, some types of items frequently take longer. Items in high-fraud-potential categories, or with possible liability issues are probably going to take longer to be indexed.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you lacemaker3 for your reply. Appreciated! The reason that I consider this reportable and consequently (should be) fixable is that the indexing had previously been posting in this category with no 24 hour delay. So when something is working and then no longer "working" what makes that happen.?

Also I don't understand why the items will show up in a saved search on the "Feed" but not found in any search. How can that be? There are so many bigger issues with ebay glitches that I guess I should consider myself lucky if this is my only issue. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@kbcate wrote:

Thank you lacemaker3 for your reply. Appreciated! The reason that I consider this reportable and consequently (should be) fixable is that the indexing had previously been posting in this category with no 24 hour delay. So when something is working and then no longer "working" what makes that happen.?

It's been like that for more than 20 years. Some items index very quickly, some take a lot longer. Some categories or types of item are more likely to take longer, but there's never been any rhyme or reason about it. The reason we know about indexing, and the unpredictable time it takes, is because it has always been like that. It just happens sometimes. You can report it if you want but posting about it here doesn't help. People have been doing that for decades, and it hasn't helped, so ...

Also I don't understand why the items will show up in a saved search on the "Feed" but not found in any search. How can that be? There are so many bigger issues with ebay glitches that I guess I should consider myself lucky if this is my only issue. Thanks again!

It has been like that since eBay started the Feed, which was something less than 20 years ago. Each type of search has to be indexed separately, so they may become searchable one way, and still not be searchable in another way. Again, it's just the way it is.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply