cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

It should be a breach of ebay's policies and 'contract' of a seller who advertises for a best offer and then doesn't even acknowledge one !! That seems fraudulent to me. Certainly it is unethical & I won't shop with a seller who does that

Message 1 of 107
latest reply
106 REPLIES 106

Re: "BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

lol....that's true. ...a Thanks but no thanks. And truly, unless they are giving you a legitimate reason to consider their offer, your showing  courtesy by replying.  I think that would be a rating booster as to your character as a seller

Message 31 of 107
latest reply

the fourth should be "ACKNOWLEDGE".... you've just had a potential buyer DO WHAT YOU HAVE INDICATED IS ACCEPTAB;E TO YOU.......to ignore it is MINIMUM of bad business practices

Message 32 of 107
latest reply

whoa.....that's a whole 'nuthin' issue !!! You're right !! If EBAY is adding it's own offers on YOUR items ....they need to be the ones paying the difference from your stated price !! Holy cow that's so unethical on THEIR PART !!! This is getting so sad. No wonder Te mu is skyrocketing

Message 33 of 107
latest reply

NEVER !!!....review my 100% history 

Message 34 of 107
latest reply

@aben7154 wrote:

Sorry but don't MAKE THE OFFER FOR BEST OFFERS and then ignore the offer.  When you OFFER something and don't follow through...,.THAT'S ACTING FRAUDULENTLY !!!. It is a MINIMUM of a lack of common courtesy and should be required by good standards of business practices.  !!!~ Shame

on you

@aben7154 
I'm not a seller ... so do not have to respond to buyers' offers.  I am a buyer only, who makes offers myself.  I merely tried to explain eBay policy on offers to you ... which clearly states that ignoring offers is one of the allowable options.

You've spent most of your time here bullying sellers, eBay, and volunteer responders into changing their practices, policies, and opinions ... in the name of 'common courtesy'.

By what authority do you think you have the right to instruct sellers on how to conduct their business ... and by what moral authority do you 'shame' others?  

Message 35 of 107
latest reply

@aben7154 wrote:

I have contacted them, but thank you for the good recommendation. And in business, to ignore someone who contacts you about making a purchase IN ACCORDANCE WITH WHAT IS STATED ???!!!!....sure ignore it all you want. That's ABSOLUTE POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES & no professionalism whatsoever ( fraud)...it's no assumption....it's fact

That's not fraud by any stretch of the imagination. If you don't believe me look the word up in a dictionary.

Message 36 of 107
latest reply

@aben7154 wrote:

I have contacted them, but thank you for the good recommendation. And in business, to ignore someone who contacts you about making a purchase IN ACCORDANCE WITH WHAT IS STATED ???!!!!....sure ignore it all you want. That's ABSOLUTE POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES & no professionalism whatsoever ( fraud)...it's no assumption....it's fact

I never said it wasn't poor business practices, poor customer service skills, and lacks professionalism.

None of those things are a breach of policy, unethical, or fraud.

However, since you don't like their professionalism, just skip on to the next seller that does all the things you like.

That's what eBay is. A big massive amount of people who do things differently, mostly armature small business, and hobbyist (pure speculation, I've done no research on the breakdown of eBay's sellers statistically)

Message 37 of 107
latest reply

I ignore offers that I don't accept. My reason my sound strange but I do take it almost personally when I make an offer or a counter offer and it is declined. I know I should not take it personally, but I do. For that reason to spare buyers from the rejection I feel, I just ignore their offer.

That said, chance are good when I reject an offer it is because it does not even come close to anything I would accept. Someone recently posted here asking by sellers have offers on their listings but won't accept an offer that is just a couple dollars off the asking price listed. I reject such offers as well. I consider it passive aggressive behavior. It is a buyer saying I will not pay full price.  "I want a dollar or two off to win. Only suckers pay full price". I would more likely consider a offer $40 below asking price than an offer $1 off the asking price. 

Another example of offers that draws my ire is taking out the shipping price. These are buyers who refuse to pay shipping. I had one buyer who made me an offer for $163.53. I was puzzled. First, I ignored it, but I was puzzled by how they came up with the amount. It took a while but after taking out the shipping and taxes, I got exactly $163.51.

Finally about offers, when I am busy and have lots of orders, you go to the back of the line. If you buy it, I have to ship. If however you make an offer, I have to take care of orders before I get to your offer. Depending on if I have time, and how I feel, I may consider your offer. 

That is how I deal with offers. 

Message 38 of 107
latest reply

If it's a low-ball I ignore it, if you leave only negs I decline and then block. 

Message 39 of 107
latest reply

@aben7154 wrote:

First, I really think you should google the definition of 'fraud'.   What you describe above is not fraud.  It MAY be poor business practice, but not fraud.

Also, MANY of my sales begin with a BIN offer.  

But, I don't spend a lot of time on an offer. I don't think I've ever had one go to the limit.  Usually they offer, I counter and that's it.  

But, I don't want, or need EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER.  I want real people who will allow me to make a fair profit.  The ones that will grind and grind the last penny ... you can have those.  

I look for speed and profit.

You want it for $20?  Naw, I need $25.  You offer $23 -- usually I decline and move on.  

Not enough time left in my life to quibble over three bucks.  

Keep bugging me and I'll block you.

Bad business?   Maybe.  But its MY business.

Run your own.

Now. GET OFFA MY LAWN

Message 40 of 107
latest reply

I consider best offers lower than 20% of my asking price unreasonable and some of them are not worthy of any reply and are ignored. That being said some buyers offers are so unreasonable they want me to give them the item for almost free, if you consider the free shipping charges one has to pay, I tend to ignore these low ballers and may even be tempted to block them from my items and email, also people that I accept the best offer from them if they dont pay in a day I block them and relist my item. This may sound like ebay snobbery but I dont want to waste my time, sure hopes this helps you.

Message 41 of 107
latest reply

Then go shop on temu...most of there stuff is under 1.00...but must warn you, you can't make an offer.

Message 42 of 107
latest reply

I should add...if someone doesn't reply to my offer...no big deal. Some people are just checking prices.  We all do that.

Message 43 of 107
latest reply

you forgot or BLOCK!

Message 44 of 107
latest reply

That's a really interesting perspective! Is it because you think someone else will buy the item while your offer is locked in for 48 hours?

Message 45 of 107
latest reply