cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Reward' coupon not working on cart

I got a $25 reward from ebay for being a longtime member.  Fine, I thought I'd buy some of the things I had been watching.  However, when I put any combination in my shopping cart, ebay insists on splitting up the payment, rendering my coupon invalid.  Apparently I have to buy 1 item worth $25 or more from 1 seller only.  I wish this had come along when I was buying $40 books earlier this week!

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: 'Reward' coupon not working on cart

A day late it always seems..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Might be due to this rule here for the coupon.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

LOL! It's like when sellers complain that buyers don't read the item description! 😂

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@airsheep, you can't combine payments if some items are with Managed Payments, and some are not. Whether or not you're trying to use a coupon. I ran into the same problem, when I redeemed the $25 coupon.

The first item I wanted was not from an MP seller, and wasn't enough to meet the minimum spend requirement. I had trouble finding another item I wanted from a seller that wasn't in MP, but once I did, I was able to use the coupon to buy two items from different sellers, they just had to be sellers that still have their payments processed by PayPal.

I didn't receive an email or message about this coupon,  so I couldn't check the terms and conditions (thank you @dana42scully for posting them). But I tried it in checkout and it worked (on one account anyway). I had to work from the error messages (not very specific) to figure out why it was insisting on splitting up the payment at first.

ETA: well, there's a message in my inbox about the coupon now, but it wasn't there yesterday when I heard about it, and made the purchase.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply