cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Ebay PLEASE FIX WATCH LISTS - "Your Lists"!!! :(

Still... (9-27-2017, 10-23-2017, 10-30-2017, 10-31-2017)

When viewing an item the only option that displays is the "Watch" option with a heart symbol (like Etsy has). You don't get the drop down where you could select personal lists (Your Lists) that you have created by category.   Tried clearing temporary files and restarted PC.   No change, still only get the "Watch" option with the heart symbol. 

Whichever programmer is messing with the Watch processes please STOP. 

Please fix so everything isn't dumped into the Watch List.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Dear Ebay PLEASE FIX WATCH LISTS - "Your Lists"!!! :(

Re-design should take a back seat to functionality

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Re-design should take a back seat to functionality

Of course it should - except that functionality isn't even on the same bus.

Watch List is TOTALLY disfunctional.  Ebay, fix this, it's crucial to my buying activity.  It doesn't work on Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.  FIX IT!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

Watch List is TOTALLY disfunctional.  Ebay, fix this, it's crucial to my buying activity.  It doesn't work on Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.  FIX IT!

Yes, it is.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Have seen other threads by buyers about this issue for quite some time.  Some said they were no longer buying because of it, or were upset because they kept missing listings due to the List not working right.   Issues with search were also listed as being problematic.

Sadly, it could be that it was largely malfunctioning for most of last year.

Trinton, a Blue, gave a work around of changing the amount of items shown on a page.  You used to be able to have 100 items on a page, thus three pages overall.

He recommended taking the page count down to 25, but that gave you twelve pages to scroll through, and the Watch List still did not perform well with that work around, sadly.

But this is a New Year, and I am optimistic~maybe it will be fixed soon!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

here is my work around (until the nerf it...like the nerfed the ability to click on the tracking number and actually go to the usps site...thats gone now).

anyways...I use ebay.de (german) and it still shows the correct lists, though you might need to brush up on your german to use it (or keep a tab open on your browser with google translate!) There might still be a few other foreign ebay sites that still work like uk or ca, though you wont be able to search from them so I just use it for my lists, my ebay, etc.

And yes, it is VERY annoying to be ONLY able to save to watch list (unless they make it unlimited...I created alternate lists just because I could only save 200 in my watch list, how inconsiderate! 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This just happened to me. I think they want to dumb down the watch feature and are experimenting. The stupid big bubble with the heart isn't what I need, as I require the ability to be able to create lists for different things. For example, I purchase luthier equipment, so I have a specific list for Violin parts, another for household, and still another for dolls (as I collect them.) I am not a happy camper this morning. What should have been a relaxing morning of my selecting items to watch and purchase tomorrow just made me feel frustrated and less interested in Ebay overall. I wish they would ask me if I wanted to be a guinea pig for their experiments. This one is a big fail. I'm less inclined to buy now, and really if it gets permanently made this way (watch list only) I won't be back to buy from here. I'm not in kindergarten. I was also considering selling on the site, but frankly it seems this would be detrimental to sellers developing a base. Not a good mood right now. 😞

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Something else they've never, ever, EVER fixed after many years is the ending time on the watch list. Item pages and search result pages have displayed local time for years now. But the watch list which is arguably more important and which most people visit more often than any other page? Only Pacific Time. What the heck, eBay? You can do all the other pages but not this one? Talk about ridiculous inconsistency.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply