cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPR France- US

Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) legislation is part of a Europe-wide initiative to protect the environment by improving waste management, limiting the use of landfills, and stimulating innovation in recycling. These measures make sellers responsible for the entire life cycle of their products. You can learn more about that here, feel free to review and post any questions you may have below! 

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards today the 28th through Friday the 30th.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: EPR France- US

@dhbookds wrote:

From October 1, 2022 we will take action on listings that don’t comply with the regulations, including paying the ‘eco-participation fee’ on your behalf and invoicing it back to you, as mentioned in our User Agreement update in August.

2 DAY NOTICE???????????????

Hahaha yeah, but notice the last sentence that it was snuck into the UA in August so we really had a month notice? 🙄

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Open it in Google Chrome and it will translate it to English.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

NEVER ANSWERED

From October 1, 2022 we will take action on listings that don’t comply with the regulations, including paying the ‘eco-participation fee’ on your behalf and invoicing it back to you, as mentioned in our User Agreement update in August.

2 DAY NOTICE???????????????

business sellers who sell in, or into, France,

When the German requirements went into effect, Griff (on a podcast) stated that US Business sellers, using GSP, were not affected.......they would not have to register individually.........  Business sellers are defined differently in the US versus Europe......

True for France?

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

As stated on the International Shipping thread:

When sellers ship to Germany through eBay International Shipping, eBay will fulfill the seller's obligations for registering with Lucid, reporting packaging types & quantities, and paying the tax.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@njrtsr wrote:

If I sell in the collectibles category, which I believe is exempt from this, do I have to make any changes to my listings to avoid the fee?

Hey @njrtsrCollectibles are generally not in scope of EPR (we however cannot guarantee). However the packaging they are shipping the good into is always in scope and a recycling fee is due for this packaging. To be compliant the seller should register (through a partner) with one of the 3 packaging "eco-organismes" and indicate the UPIN received in the listing. Otherwise, if the item was listed on eBay.fr, eBay may re-invoice the packaging fee for each item sold into France.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

How does this work with the Global Shipping Program or The New International Shipping Service?? Am I responsible for doing this or is it not necessary if I am using the GSP or ISS?

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

It seems this a lot about new goods and electronics. 

What about antiques and collectibles? Are they subject any of these requirements?

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I just sold an item through GSP to France today. If they pay and I ship before Oct 1, am I still good? I don't want to get hit with extra fees. Should I cancel the sale? From here on out, I will be turning off international shipping completely, but I didn't realize this was all happening so quick.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

The list posted by @cypresscollectibles is different from the list posted by eBay here. One of the big differences is textiles. Screenshot below.

eBay also states on that page:

"If you sell products covered by the EPR on ebay.fr to buyers located in France, but you fail to provide eBay with the valid Unique Producer Identification Number(s) required for such products (including without limiting their packaging), eBay may decide to pay the corresponding Eco fees on your behalf, and charge them back to you."

and at the top of the page

"Extended Producer Responsibility for business sellers listing on eBay.fr"

The policy page is clear about 2 things:
1. you must be a business seller
2. you must be selling on the .fr site.

This seller update seems to contradict that, saying any business seller shipping to France is affected. It does not specify that you have to list on .fr. Can we get some clarification on that seller_update@ebay?

1. How is eBay defining business sellers on the .com site?
2. Does this apply to items listed on .com or is it exclusive to items listed on .fr?
3. What about items listed on .com that do not exclude France, therefore buyers see the listings on .fr under the "more options from international sellers" section by default?

france.png

See the disclaimer that this list is not exhaustive, so even if your category isn't listed there, that doesn't mean you're in the clear.

@wastingtime101- great catch/insights.

devon@ebay- thoughts?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Hi everyone~

We're closing this board from further questions and replies. We will continue to work with our internal teams to make sure outstanding questions are addressed next week. If you have additional questions, please start a new thread and tag the community team.

Have a good weekend!

Message 25 of 25
latest reply