cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improved Member-to-Member Messaging

Earlier this year we launched the beta version of a new messaging experience in the eBay mobile app. In the coming weeks, you’ll be moved to the new experience, which will better connect you to your buyers and make it easier for you to manage your messages. You can learn more about that here, feel free to review and post any questions you may have below! 

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards between today the 28th through Friday the 30th.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

So........it's only thru the app? 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

So........it's only thru the app? 

Hey @dhbookds this change will be taking place in messages in the app first, but will take place on the desktop site as well.  Look out for more information on the desktop version in the coming weeks.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

"...this change will be taking place in messages in the app first, but will take place on the desktop site as well.  Look out for more information on the desktop version in the coming weeks. "

Comment: 

When I read this all I could think of was the new listing form.

Designed for the mobile app, that listing form was transferred to desk top with (it is generally agreed by sellers) disastrous unpleasant results.

When this designed-for-the-app change to the messaging system goes to my desktop, I certainly hope it does not create a similar unpleasant experience.   

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I'm going to beta test when this rolls out to desktop because I prefer the new format, but can you confirm that we will still receive copies of messages in our e-mails seller_update@ebay, both sent and received? If it doesn't CC to my e-mail, that's a deal-breaker.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I'm going to beta test when this rolls out to desktop because I prefer the new format, but can you confirm that we will still receive copies of messages in our e-mails seller_update@ebay, both sent and received? If it doesn't CC to my e-mail, that's a deal-breaker.

Hey @wastingtime101! Yes, you will receive copies of the messages in emails. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thanks seller_update@ebay. What about mobile? Mobile messaging doesn't currently CC sent messages to e-mail. Will mobile finally start CCing sent messages to e-mail so we have a record of responses we send to buyers?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks seller_update@ebay. What about mobile? Mobile messaging doesn't currently CC sent messages to e-mail. Will mobile finally start CCing sent messages to e-mail so we have a record of responses we send to buyers?

@wastingtime101 This feature will work on mobile as well. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

When I tried the beta version a few months ago, there was not an option to flag messages.  Is or will this option for flagging be available with the new version?  It is very important for my business to be able to flag messages for review by the other members of my company.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

The new interface is surely going to be more convenient. The 'read receipts' feature in most of the messaging apps is trending nowadays. This would come in handy and it could be pretty useful when we need to clarify whether the messages have been conveyed or not. Will there be any chance we could get this feature in the future? Just a suggestion..

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@midatlanticdiscounters wrote:

When I tried the beta version a few months ago, there was not an option to flag messages.  Is or will this option for flagging be available with the new version?  It is very important for my business to be able to flag messages for review by the other members of my company.

Hi @midatlanticdiscountersIt's something we're working on for future iteration!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone~

We're closing this board from further questions and replies. We will continue to work with our internal teams to make sure outstanding questions are addressed next week. If you have additional questions, please start a new thread and tag the community team.

Have a good weekend!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply