cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
199 REPLIES 199

Re: It's here! Spring 2016 Seller Update

I didn't act on the upgrade either.  But did you review your snap shot on the three months.  Did you notice that the third month was off on your active listings?  My snap shot showed 1000+ listings as not being activited.   No one from ebay will comment on this and told me that email was a spoof.  

Message 181 of 200
latest reply

sounds like a class action law suit waiting to happen.

Message 182 of 200
latest reply

We receive our boxes and envelopes from the USPS for free! Why would we want to pay for them via Ebay??!!! It may be time for a job change.

Message 183 of 200
latest reply

@santaclausdee777 wrote:

We receive our boxes and envelopes from the USPS for free! Why would we want to pay for them via Ebay??!!! It may be time for a job change.

Because you can't use priority supplies for first class, media mail, parcel post, fedex, or ups shipments.

With an eBay store you get a $25 coupon towards eBay shipping supplies each quarter so you can use it and get supplies free to use towards these other classes of mail.

Message 184 of 200
latest reply

@prefontained wrote:

@santaclausdee777 wrote:

Because you can't use priority supplies for first class, media mail, parcel post, fedex, or ups shipments.

With an eBay store you get a $25 coupon towards eBay shipping supplies each quarter so you can use it and get supplies free to use towards these other classes of mail.

I will be interested to read some comments from anyone who purchases the eBay boxes ... sizes, quality, etc.  as well as price per whatever quantity they offer.  We've shopped around here and for the smaller boxes Wal Mart is the lowest cost ... however, the C-Flute corrugated is a lower quality and that shows up as more of an issue on larger boxes ... they are just a little on the flimsy side.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see just how much you get for $ 25.00 with the eBay supply offer ... that would not get you a lot of boxes at Wal Mart, expecially if you are a big eBay store shipping 50 to 100 packages per month ... $ 25.00 may not cover that.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 185 of 200
latest reply

@mr_lincoln There's a thread on the selling board (think it's around page 2 or 3 right now) regarding the new shipping supplies. A board member got some specs on some boxes from the seller so you can check it out over there.

Message 186 of 200
latest reply

@prefontained wrote:

@mr_lincoln There's a thread on the selling board (think it's around page 2 or 3 right now) regarding the new shipping supplies. A board member got some specs on some boxes from the seller so you can check it out over there.

Thanks Pre - I will look for that.

Regards,
Message 187 of 200
latest reply

what the heck is active scripts or active coding. Maybe to some of us we need more layman terms.
Susie
Message 188 of 200
latest reply

does this mean using other sites to upload listings to ebay like Sellers source, Activa?
Susie
Message 189 of 200
latest reply

@kumaritreasures wrote:
what the heck is active scripts or active coding. Maybe to some of us we need more layman terms.

The stuff about active scripts will go into effect 2017 - there is a thread about it here:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2016-Spring-Seller-Update/Javascript-Flash-Object-Embed-WebForms-Active...

From what I understand, eBay will be providing tools to assist with the changes.

@jewelsplus

Message 190 of 200
latest reply

Shipstation does.  It comes with a free stamps.com account.  I can't say enough good things about this app.  It has made my life so much easier.

Message 191 of 200
latest reply

@cellistics wrote:

Shipstation does.  It comes with a free stamps.com account.  I can't say enough good things about this app.  It has made my life so much easier.

Thank you, another good source ...

Regards,
Message 192 of 200
latest reply

Lost in the mail has not any long been a problem since I started cutting the EBAY name off any shipping lables . This just goes to show sellers ebay does not listen to ANYTHING us sellers say or suggest .AND THEN --free boxes from the post office or give ebay even more profit money . That kind of thinking is why EBAY'S DASHBOARD should be below standard

Message 193 of 200
latest reply

Will the collectibles category be subject to the increase in Gallery Plus for listing over $150? Currently it's free in that category and I've tried and it can't be removed. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Ebay and they said i have to end my listing and relist to get it off but that isn't correct. It is still there even after doing that. 
It automatically makes it gallery plus when you list. 

Message 194 of 200
latest reply

Gallery Plus will still be free for all listings in those categories, as confirmed by eBay staff during the special community discussion board held for the spring update. 

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2016-Spring-Seller-Update/Gallery-Plus-still-free-in-selected-categorie...

If you still have doubts, then  on the date that the new rates go into effect (May 6) you could do a test listing and check the fees box before   you launch the listing.

Message 195 of 200
latest reply