cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

package hasn't arrive (over 25 days)

hello, recently i bought an item from a friend from belgium, i live in UAE. i have paid for the item on april 1 and he shipped the item immediately the next day. around 5 days after shipping he deleted/suspended his ebay account. the item still hasn't arrived, he used bpost to ship the item. should i be worried? has something happened to the package or will it arrive?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

You can't delete/suspend accounts with open transactions such as this.

eBay closed his account.

You need to file an INR claim immediately.

You can use this link to report it.

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4042

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

no i'm pretty sure he suspended his account because i remember him telling me.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

You are posting on a discussion board of other ebay users so they have no idea if there is a problem with the package.  Did you get a tracking number when it was mailed?  If they did mail it, their account status shouldn't have any affect on the package delivery.

Is there an estimated delivery date on your order details?  If it is past that date, you can open an item not received claim.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

sorry i can't quite understand what you mean, but when i try tracking the item nothing shows up, it still hasn't arrived yet and i'm unsure if i should contact ebay or give it another week.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Did you buy as a guest or did you purchase after you started an account?   If you purchase with this account you should be able to go to My eBay and see the purchase in your purchase history. There you will see a section for Order Details and if you click on that, it should show you the estimated delivery date.  If it is past the latest date, you can open an item not received claim through your purchase history.   Or you can go to this page where you will see a link to open a claim. https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/get-help-item-hasnt-arriv...

If you can't find the estimated delivery date, go to that link and see if they will allow you to open a claim now.  If you purchase on another ebay site you will have to open a claim there.

If you purchased as a guest here is some information about opening a claim.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/returning-item/returning-...

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

In the listing for the item in question, you saw an estimated delivery date.

Has that date passed by more than one day? If so, per eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers, you can open an item not as described case.  You have 30 days past that EDD to open a case with eBay.

Go to your My eBay> Purchase History.  Find this purchase.  There is a drop-down menu.  Click on "Did not receive" and follow the prompts.  Then wait 96 hours for a response.  No response and still no package? Then return to the case you opened and ask eBay to step in.

If, however, that EDD has not yet passed, you really have no option except to wait. 

Did you really mean to say that you bought from a "friend in Belgium" or was he just a seller? 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

In the listing for the item in question, you saw an estimated delivery date.

Has that date passed by more than one day? If so, per eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers, you can open an item not as described case.  You have 30 days past that EDD to open a case with eBay.

Go to your My eBay> Purchase History.  Find this purchase.  There is a drop-down menu.  Click on "Did not receive" and follow the prompts.  Then wait 96 hours for a response.  No response and still no package? Then return to the case you opened and ask eBay to step in.

If, however, that EDD has not yet passed, you really have no option except to wait. 

Did you really mean to say that you bought from a "friend in Belgium" or was he just a seller? 

I think you meant Item Not Received case, not Item Not As Descrbed.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

It's impossible for an eBay member to close their account, it takes 60 days for accounts to close on the request of the eBay member.

If your "friends" account is suspended, eBay suspended them for whatever reason.

By the way some friends you got there, not sending your item. 
Make sure you open an item not received case to get your money back. 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

i still want my item, he already shipped it a long time ago, don't know why it hasn't been delivered yet. just discovering his account got suspended apparently because he emailed ebay about how they charged him because he had a shop up, so they closed his account. but that's besides the point.. i don't know what i'm going to do now though

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

if i make a claim will it send to the seller's email? or will ebay be able to handle it?

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

there is no estimated delivery date whatsoever, also yes it's actually my friend, i don't wanna barge in and ask him about it again because he's usually really busy with work most of the time so i really have to rely on ebay for now.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@meisaq 

Does the seller feedback show "not a registered user"?

If it does, and you make a claim.............. eBay will handle it.

If they just aren't presently selling then the "claim" will be referred to them.

If the seller is still in good standing, just not selling and you get refunded...................  and then do get the item,  you can repay the seller.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

i will try to make a claim then perhaps,

thanks alot. do you know how long it will take for ebay to get back to me?

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

If you open a case, and dont hear from the seller in 3 days, on day 4 you can ask ebay to step in.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 15 of 20
latest reply