cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical mailing address to send documents to EBAY to close seller account

I've already talked to Indian CS and they claim no such address exists

Does anyone know the physical mailing address for ebay to send out physical court documents and a death certificate to to close a selling account ( a different account NOT this one)? I had a relative pass away and I am the representative of that estate now. :luckyme: 🙄 Hopefully I get reply notices in a timely matter, but if I don't reply just be patience and give me 24-48h.

Thank you.

P.S. If you are an ebay employee NOW you understand WHY I have not opted into your mismanaged payments system. Paying more and getting less is NOT something I'm into.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Physical mailing address to send documents to EBAY to close seller account

As far as I know most people do an obituary in a newspaper or I guess an online newspaper these days in their town or city. That's another way. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I had an occasion to contact the eBay for Business group on Facebook and was please with the response.

I would recommend you contact them for help.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@postcardcountry 

Don't have nor don't want facebutt or twits.

Thank you for the information though.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@safan80 wrote:

@postcardcountry 

Don't have nor don't want facebutt or twits.

It's purely a contact path to reach the eBay for Business team. Just open a bare-bones Facebook account with minimal detail, just enough to make your initial contact with them. There's no requirement to participate with anyone else or to post anything of yourself. I have such a Facebook account myself, just for those rare times when I need to contact someone or look someone up.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@a_c_green 

Here's just an example of the amount of data facebutt collects

https://allaboutcookies.org/how-to-turn-off-facebook-tracking

The tools that facebutt users to collect and sell user data

https://www.facebook.com/help/331509497253087?helpref=faq_content

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@safan80 wrote:

@a_c_green 

Here's just an example of the amount of data facebutt collects

https://allaboutcookies.org/how-to-turn-off-facebook-tracking

The tools that facebutt users to collect and sell user data

https://www.facebook.com/help/331509497253087?helpref=faq_content

Right; I don't doubt that, and in fact that first article seems to be a good guide for you on how to turn off whatever features concern you. I don't have a Facebook app on my phone, and only visit the site occasionally via the browser on my desktop.

As I said, it's only needed for a bare-bones connection to the eBay for Business group. You can get in, get help with your estate issues, and get out again.

Regarding your original question: are you in fact able to access the deceased's account at all? It might be helpful to get the password reset however you can (e.g. see whether Google has the password stored for you; see whether eBay has the password stored for you; see whether the Forgotten Password procedure will work for you, assuming that you can access the deceased's email address associated with the account, or accept phone calls or texts to the deceased's eBay phone number, etc.), and then you will have direct control over the account as needed. 

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Well later on the 7/25 around ~10pm I had one of the indian CS reps call me back...

He said that he found the information, but that I would call back into ebay CS to get that since the call went to voicemail. REAL piece of work these Indian reps.  I don't get why he didn't just leave the details when he left the voicemail. I'm keeping that voicemail too. 🤣

Message 22 of 22
latest reply