cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Views on items, to many fees,

It seems to take forever to get any views on my items unless I choose to give 12% of my sale with a $4.21 charge on shipping an item for less than a lb.  Unless something changes, I'm out.  I was trying to build a business as a great Ebay partnership.  You guys are need to do better. No wonder this is a multi billion dollar industry, I'm kinda feeling robbed here.  I hope to see some improvement asap and I do mean asap.

Diane Lindsey 

Lindsey's Choice.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

It seems to take forever to get any views on my items unless I choose to give 12% of my sale with a $4.21 charge on shipping an item for less than a lb.  Unless something changes, I'm out.

It takes more to being a successful on eBay than just listing items and expecting views and sales. If retail was that easy, everyone would be rich. 

I was trying to build a business as a great Ebay partnership.

eBay is a tool that you use, not a business partner. Their goal is to make money for eBay, not for you. 

I hope to see some improvement asap and I do mean asap.

If you want to see improvement, it has to come from you. Sitting around and waiting for someone else to make you successful is a recipe for disappointment.

But IMHO an 84% feedback rating is going to be hard to overcome. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hang in there. It can be slow going at first. You're literally at the starting gate.

Pay attention to pricing and to your shipping practices. You can't charge someone for Priority and then ship Ground Advantage.
With a few more sales under your belt and some positive feedback, you can raise your rating pretty fast at your level. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@lindseyschoice wrote:

It seems to take forever to get any views on my items unless I choose to give 12% of my sale with a $4.21 charge on shipping an item for less than a lb.  Unless something changes, I'm out.  I was trying to build a business as a great Ebay partnership.  You guys are need to do better. No wonder this is a multi billion dollar industry, I'm kinda feeling robbed here.  I hope to see some improvement asap and I do mean asap.

Diane Lindsey 

Lindsey's Choice.

"You guys" are just sellers like yourself - you're not talking to eBay here, just us. Also, eBay is not our partner and it's a bad idea to ever believe they are. They're a multinational corporation in the business to make money.

Still, given that you have few listings and are selling in an incredibly over-saturated market, you're doing pretty darn well - your selection is good and obviously people like what you are offering. But again...super over-saturated market, and not just here. Etsy and Amazon have tons of this stuff on offer, as does TEMU, it's brokered from Ali-Express, etc. etc. The only way to get seen under these circumstances is to pay for exposure, which is expensive. Try widening your selection.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Also you need to be aware of what you can and can't say. Here is what they say.

"Listings for Native American arts, crafts, and jewelry must follow all government regulations. Non-Native American items in the style of Native American art or crafts must be listed in the Non-Native American category." You may want to check this out before several of your items are deleted by eBay.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@lindseyschoice wrote:

Diane Lindsey 

Lindsey's Choice.

How about ... instead of leaving ... try something different?

How about, paying the Promoted Listing fee ... say 10.1% ... and raising the price of your listings by 12%.  See what happens.

You might just find that you sell less ... and make more.

Or, you'll discover you're right and leave.  What's to lose?

But, its worth a shot, eh?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

In case you aren't aware, there are something like 18 Million sellers on eBay and almost two Billion items for sale every day.   And that's just eBay.  Competition is tough.  Buyers don't just sit down and browse through a category; they have to be looking for something specific because many categories have hundreds of thousands of listings.   

An example of competition is "spoon ring" which you have several of.  If you put "spoon ring" into the search box, it brings up over 4200 listings.  That's a lot of spoon rings to have to look through. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I'd be more worried about feedback than views.  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

As others have mentioned, you have had some very unhappy customers and it shows in your 84% feedback rating.As far as all of the silver jewelry listings you have, they are run of the mill items, with millions of them listed here.Silver jewelry on Ebay is a very over saturated market. Unless the items are unique and rare, I wouldnt expect to have many sales with them.Not sure why you want Ebay 'to do better'. The run of the mill listings you have are your decisions, not Ebays.You may want to branch out into more desirable items.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1313&_nkw=silver+rings&_sacat=0

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

"You guys are need to do better. No wonder this is a multi billion dollar industry, I'm kinda feeling robbed here.  I hope to see some improvement asap and I do mean asap. "

Im sure Ebay is quaking in  their boots..not.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

You seem to believe that things are 'your way or the highway'. 

Well, it's not. There is such a thing as 'competition'. Jumping up & down because you are not getting your way is no way to run a business. Do you think Target jumped up and down when a Walmart opened down the street? 

You MUST do things within the parameter of the entity you are doing business with. If you can't 'make it' then your business plan needs to be changed. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I especially like the keyword spamming with "Native American' jewelry.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

A great number of sellers feel the same way.  It is really mostly because of the shear volume of sellers on Ebay now and the number of listings they post.  We have far more competition now and I don't see it getting any better in the near future.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 13
latest reply