cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just moved to Australia from US, can I move my account of 24 years so I don't lose feedback etc?

Just moved to Australia from the US, can I move my account of over 24 years that I built with sales and purchases  so that I don't lose all my positive feedback and good standing etc?  Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Just moved to Australia from US, can I move my account of 24 years so I don't lose feedback etc?

It's my understanding that accounts cannot be moved to a different country.........because the payment entities are usually different........

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I've also read you can't and need to open a new account ---- but what would it hurt to try?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@lolovonkMaybe you could purchase a Basic ebay store (monthly) now under your current account. Once you create a new registration account for here in the US, maybe you can then update your store with your new account info.

devon@ebay  Can you offer any advice for this Seller?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@cstpos wrote:

@lolovonkMaybe you could purchase a Basic ebay store (monthly) now under your current account. Once you create a new registration account for here in the US, maybe you can then update your store with your new account info.

devon@ebay  Can you offer any advice for this Seller?

Hey @cstpos! Just as @dhbookds mentioned OP would need to open a new account that is registered out of the US if they want to continue to sell here in the US. They can still use their existing account for buying if they would like to do so.

Devon,
eBay
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I just want to know the story about your move, how exciting!!!  What took you to Australia?  I'm totally jealous. That's one of the countries I would move to in a heartbeat if I could. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

devon@ebay  @lolovonk Thanks for replying. I thought having a store might make a difference so they can keep their stats and feedback.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I’m actually now in Australia and I did hear back from an EBay representative, Sadly, I need to register and create a new account in Australia.. Thank you though for your idea. 🙂

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hi, thanks so much yes it’s an amazing country. I was originally born here but spent most of my life living and working in the US as I love America so much, but it was time to leave, things have changed as many would  generally agree, especially in the town and state I am living in. It’s just not the same and I Was getting unhappier with the cost-of-living and the crime.. Also, my dad is elderly so I’m taking care of him. It’s definitely a change and I’m happy but still miss my American friends. I have dual citizenship.  Grateful to have a choice to live in either country. 😊

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Thanking everyone for their suggestions and advice. Sadly, I will need to register a new account here in Australia.
I guess I will just have the same avatar and state my high feedback score and that I have moved. Maybe that will help future buyers to see that I am somewhat credible?  It’s a shame though, I so wish I didn’t have to do all that.. 🥲

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

If you have followers, maybe shoot them a message about your new account so you'll have a built-in customer base. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Yes, and as a “new” seller, you are bound to be a target for scammers with the type of products you sell. 

I would recommend starting off selling cheap and quick turnover items at the start, just to build a feedback score, along with buying whatever you need from eBay. 

Welcome back to Down Under from an old-timer on eBay Australia. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thanks so much, I think that's exactly what I will do. And I'll purchase some cheaper items as well. 

Cheers mate! 😁🐨🇦🇺

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Oh and this is my new account lol.. Feels so bare...😭

Message 14 of 14
latest reply