cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contact the CEO of ebay - i have a long list

been on ebay for 26yrs but have the worst customer service people that make it up, the supervisor level is even worse and their fees are getting out of hand.  THEIR MOTO SHOULD BE "WE LOVE OUR BUYERS AND HATE OUR SELLERS"  7500 items sold and the last yr has been nothing but aggravation

address, phone , email????

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

https://www.ebayinc.com/company/contact-us/

2025 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, California 95125
USA

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

The best way to send a message to eBay is to reduce their role in your business. Any other message you send will fall on deaf ears. 

I had a $5k sale last week from a buyer who would probably buy more of the same items I had not yet posted on eBay. eBay took $750 of that sale. Included an inventory list in the outgoing package. Had a $3700 sale yesterday. eBay took $0 of that sale. Odds are fairly high I will have more sales to that buyer.

A piece of paper in an outgoing package saved me $555. This is how I show my disdain for eBay's treatment of sellers. 

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

@nylvseller wrote:

been on ebay for 26yrs but have the worst customer service people that make it up, the supervisor level is even worse and their fees are getting out of hand.  THEIR MOTO SHOULD BE "WE LOVE OUR BUYERS AND HATE OUR SELLERS"  7500 items sold and the last yr has been nothing but aggravation

address, phone , email????

I think that ebay does not hate sellers but some fairly recent changes in policy make it apparent that they consider sellers responsible for things out of their control and  expendable and bad  buyers are better than no buyers

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

Most big company emails are typically the first name followed by period followed by last name followed y  @(what site you are sending it to) (sometimes in reverse, sometimes first initial ect. )

IMHO. I find that sending an email to any big company executive will fall on deaf ears. Most of the time they are not reading the email in the first place. However, i do find that if you send complaints to Regional managers in sales depts and customer service depts (copy both at the same time) can get faster results if sent to both. No guarantee of course

Also board of directors and/or investors can be a good route that will get noticed.

That being said, always try to be precise and polite when sending any email messages.

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

@sumsum70 wrote:

The best way to send a message to eBay is to reduce their role in your business.

A piece of paper in an outgoing package saved me $555. This is how I show my disdain for eBay's treatment of sellers. 

Yes, but not that way.

You want to take your business elsewhere, fine but I gather you want to steal ebay's customers to do so?

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

While you are at it you might as address a letter to Santa at the North Pole.

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Please post your long list here as well, we love long lists!

We may even have some things to add to your list.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@nylvseller 

Here's the address: 

eBay, Inc.

2025 Hamilton Avenue San Jose, California 95125.

Attn: Jamie Ionnone

Good luck to you!

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

You say the fees are getting out of hand?

Would you agree the cost of living has gone up a lot in just the last 3 years?

Over a decade ago eBay and PayPal fees were 12.9%  (10% +2.9%)

Now in most categories the fee is 13.25%.

That's  just a fraction of a percentage point more.  

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

@sumsum70 wrote:

The best way to send a message to eBay is to reduce their role in your business. Any other message you send will fall on deaf ears. 

I had a $5k sale last week from a buyer who would probably buy more of the same items I had not yet posted on eBay. eBay took $750 of that sale. Included an inventory list in the outgoing package. Had a $3700 sale yesterday. eBay took $0 of that sale. Odds are fairly high I will have more sales to that buyer.

And if every seller did this eBay would not be here.  So eBay gets you a $5,000 sale and because you don't like the terms you agreed to you sell to their member outside their platform when in fact you'd have neither sale if it were not for eBay.  

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Ebay sells me out every time other sellers' items are plastered all over my listings. EBay sells me out when search ranks my items lower than PL listings. EBay sells me out every time a buyer asks to cancel less than hour after a sale because eBay lets other sellers send offers for the same thing for less.

And that is just for starters. You can't place a dollar value on wasted time and frustration with other matters.

So for a one time fee of $750, I have a new customer. 

Take 15% once, shame on you. Take it again...you know.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

@sumsum70 wrote:

What a great way to risk putting your account at risk - NOT! 

I don't suggest to ANYONE that they circumvent fees by taking sales off the platform. 

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@sumsum70 wrote:

What a great way to risk putting your account at risk - NOT! 

I don't suggest to ANYONE that they circumvent fees by taking sales off the platform. 

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

As far as I know, adding a note, or a business card or something in an outgoing package is just fine. I get them all the time. 

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Exactly. As long as you aren't using the listing, photos or messaging, you aren't breaking any rules.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply