cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible threatening feedback from a scammer..help

I just had my first negative feedback ever. It's a bit disturbing. 

The person obviously is scamming me, the item was sent fine, it appears that he tampered with the package himself and claims that it was defective. 

I'm prepared to fully ignore this and not refund him, what does he mean by "going through other channels"???

By not doing anything am I putting my account at risk? 

Also he did not read the fine print where it says clearly in my ad, if there's a problem with the item please message us before leaving feedback which he did not do.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

You saying to message you before feedback means absolutely nothing.

Nothing in eBays feedback policy requires a buyer to message you.

Probably means they will open a chargeback and you will have to possibly deal with more loss.

It's always best to take care of returns within eBay.

Tell them to open a return. Issue them a return label and then refund once it comes back.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Well, go ahead and ignore him. He will file a claim against you and eBay will side with him. You will then have to refund/accept a return and get a mark against you for not helping your customer.

You need to make sure your packaging is very secure as this is the second feedback that mentions poor packaging.

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

@moretreasures4you wrote:

You need to make sure your packaging is very secure as this is the second feedback that mentions poor packaging.

??? -The OP has only this one neg. 

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

It might have been sent fine, but looks like it got wet somewhere in between.

Other channels could be a credit card charge back.

Just tell buyer to return for a refund.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 43
latest reply

Maybe I haven't slept enough.  The last ^ replier mentions this being the second negative feedback but I see only one (and the OP stated it's their first), but also in this one neg I don't see anything about "going through other channels. "  @williazwer_0 what were you talking about?  Did they say that in an email you haven't mentioned?  

Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 5.13.19 PM.png

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

That's the only one I'm seeing as well and I see absolutely nothing threatening about it in the slightest. It's just a disappointed buyer who was unhappy their item arrived damaged.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

EBAY Money Back Guarantee (supersedes "no returns" policy) and allows customer to get refund by claiming "defective, not as described, counterfeit".    EBAY does NOT require customer to prove their claims.    If you refuse to give customer a "full refund" (EBAY will take money out of your account to refund customer and allow them to keep your item and also you will get a "defect" on your account for not following EBAY policy).

Or customer can go to their credit card company and ask to get "payment reversed".

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

I believe the buyer left the negative feedback without even attempting to do a return.  In fact they did not even state there was damage to the record, only seemed to complain that the record COULD have been damaged.  I have had a couple people write to me for this reason and it just makes me laugh, but posting an actual (damaging) negative feedback about it is just ridiculous.  

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

@williazwer_0 wrote:

I'm prepared to fully ignore this and not refund him, what does he mean by "going through other channels"???

By not doing anything am I putting my account at risk? 

Also he did not read the fine print where it says clearly in my ad, if there's a problem with the item please message us before leaving feedback which he did not do.

First, I agree with the content of the negative feedback.  A $60 album should be shipped in a box, and not sandwiched between a couple of pieces of cardboard - waaaaaay too easy to become damaged by the USPS automated sorting machines.

Second, if the buyer has filed a Money Back Guarantee claim whereby they claim the item is damaged and they want a refund, then you should respond to the claim.  If you ignore the claim:  (a) eBay will force a refund, (b) you will get a nasty defect on your account, (c) you will not be refunded any eBay fees, and (d) potentially eBay will allow the buyer to keep the item since you have a no return policy.  It is best to accept the claim, get the item back, and refund the money when you receive the album back.

Finally, few people read the fine print.

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

That's the only one I'm seeing as well and I see absolutely nothing threatening about it in the slightest. It's just a disappointed buyer who was unhappy their item arrived damaged.

THANK YOU, I wondered if I was in the Twilight Zone or something.  But I also do not see a damaged record in the photo, just cardboard and bubble wrap. This whole thing is weird. 

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

Maybe I haven't slept enough.  The last ^ replier mentions this being the second negative feedback but I see only one (and the OP stated it's their first), but also in this one neg I don't see anything about going through other channels.  

Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 5.13.19 PM.png

it was  positive feedback with a complaint of poor packaging.

janet9988_0-1714689031039.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 12 of 43
latest reply

Screenshot_20240502-184358_eBay.jpg

 here is the email where they said they will "go through other channels."... What does this mean? 

Also, I'm inclined NOT to accept the return because it's no guarantee that they will revise the feedback. It's like he's threatening me in some way. 

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

When it comes to buyer and seller disputes on ebay, right, wrong, or indifferent, the buyer holds all the cards 99% of the time.  Your best bet would be to NOT just ignore it.  As others have stated, ebay will force a refund if they have to step in.

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

I can't seem to find that "threat" in the feedback?

In any case, this is so simple.

Accept the return.

Pay for return shipping.

When you get the item back, refund the buyer.

Not all buyers who claim shipping damage are scammers.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 15 of 43
latest reply