cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative or Neutral feedback

Why doesn't Ebay remove bad reviews for any reason now..I mean you can give a Full refund and let them keep the item and they still will give you a negative why doesn't ebay take that off.They tell me itt goes to a off line team..I have read on goggle you can pay for a service to get it taken off..maybe ebay pays another company to handle the feedback is that the off line team?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Why is it a negative experience? They got there money back, so who won in this deal, surely wasn't the seller.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 32 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

@biscuitandgravy  Hi, I was looking at your feedback. The one buyer this month said he didn’t get the camera he purchased. , is that true? 

Honestly I think you have some upset customers. Your response wasn’t very empathetic.  It is never too late to go back and fix these things. 

Look at what your response was to a neutral.  "This is So Funny..I would not sale to them or Buy From Them...Picky picky picky..on a fishing Bobber that they paid $2.50 for.Itwas new but was not sparkling white..If it was Clothing I could see it..But this is so Funny and the Buyer is So .Hilarious..Click on there Name and hit Block you are done.The got a compete refund and a item that they will use..Sorry but they must need the money and should have never bought it.”. 

That was not very professional of you. 

P.S  This seems to be a problem in the way you respond to your customers after reading all of the negatives and neutrals.  It appears to me that you need to work on communicating with them. People are pretty understanding if you resolve any issues. 

Additionally I think the statement that  your business supports out of state hospital visits should be removed. I know if I see any type of those comments, I will move on, and not purchase”. Just a suggestion. Good luck. 

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Refunding and letting them keep the item doesn't really make their buying experience any better, so why shouldn't they be able to leave negative feedback.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Do you actually even sale on ebay..If you did you would understand more.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@biscuitandgravy wrote:

Do you actually even sale on ebay..If you did you would understand more.

Yes, I've sold on here and I understand, from both sides.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

But that is true it supports out of state medical treatment..If I see that from a seller that's who I would buy from.I refunded them about the bobbers also.The just wasn't perfectly white..you can even buy yellow ones.I sent the correct camera showing on the box..he just mad because they are not great quality.They should have known they were made in China.I know it doesn't matter.but the buyer is from Bosnia.The game was tested and worked perfect also I always send emails and see if they will change things.In 24 yrs of selling with 2 accounts I have got more neutrals and negatives in the past 2 months then in selling over 10,000 items.I even gave the buyer a discount that bought the cameras before shipping.Because he asked me to,So I did.

I just think it's so easy for them to hit the negative this day and time..Ebay use would take it off.but it goes to some offline outfit now.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

It's getting a lot worse..I would not recommend anyone right now to sale on ebay..If I didn't have Probably $350K or more in inventory I would quit right now.When you get returns of a empty Box and so on and ebay will not do nothing about it,That's sad..$150 down the drain.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

I don't get why people think just because you refunded the order that should block negative feedback.

Ebay was far too liberal with feedback removal.

If you gave someone a negative experience then they should be able to report it as seller feedback.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

eBay prefers a seller take care of a buyer's problem of course.

It's sometimes how one handles the situation at the beginning.

Even though you give a refund but if seller gave a buyer a hard time about it...can make a big difference in feedback.

Communication to the buyer is the core of what kind of feedback to expect.

Yes, we all will have a nasty buyer...dishonest buyer...and so on.

It goes with the territory.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

@biscuitandgravy wrote:

It's getting a lot worse..I would not recommend anyone right now to sale on ebay..If I didn't have Probably $350K or more in inventory I would quit right now.When you get returns of a empty Box and so on and ebay will not do nothing about it,That's sad..$150 down the drain.

It is and I don't see it getting much better anytime soon.

It's not just Ebay, I think all sites have their share of bad buyers/sellers and scammers.

Sellers have to decide if it's worth trying to sell online.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Only a Buyer has to do just Email me before leaving a Bad review..I do or Would..it doesn't matter what you do you can refund them extra and they still would leave a bad review.But when you get bad reviews because of the product that is just wrong..When it gets there safely is about all I can do..I didn't make the darn thing.Oh well life goes on.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Do you even sale.If you don't you have no clue.As a seller we cannot even give a Bad review for a deadbeat buyer..I just had someone that wanted to cancel because they said they used the wrong payment..So I let them.Than they wrote me and said they still wanted...But it's been 4 days now I haven't heard from them.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

I never give a hard time I just refund it,But if they don't even email before giving a Bad review..What can you do..ebay should require a buyer contact the seller first before giving a Bad Review.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@biscuitandgravy 

You are not doing your job. I know I am being hash, but listen to yourself. You think your business practices are okay and everyone else is wrong. 

As far as medical bills that doesn’t belong on a business. Everyone has issues of some kind or another and your job as a seller is to be professional and unfortunately in my opinion that in inappropriate. 

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Read my other thread..about how I treat a buyer.I rollover backwards for my customers.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: