cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error updating listings (quantity or shipping) : not currently supported by this tool

I am unable to update inventory, either bulk edit in Active Listings or on the Revise Item page.

Happens with many listings, also happens if i try to update shipping cost. This really stinks as i need to update a few items that are low or out.

I get the following error on Revise Item page when i try to save:

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Inventory-based listing management is not currently supported by this tool. Please refer to the tool used to create this listing.

On the bulk edit i get a similar error

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• This operation is not allowed for inventory items.

Thanks,

-Chris

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Error updating listings (quantity or shipping) : not currently supported by this tool

I'm receiving the same error messages. I don't have any of my inventory attached to ebay.
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Re: Error updating listings (quantity or shipping) : not currently supported by this tool

@delkevic_us wrote:
I'm receiving the same error messages. I don't have any of my inventory attached to ebay.

If anyone is following this I think I have tracked down the issue. I am working with the third party vendor to resolve it. Many hours with ebay and several third party support staff.

The issue is that the third party tool has put a lock on your ebay record. Per ebay support only the third party can resolve it (Note: not regular support but ebay developer support).

The only quick workaround is to end listing and do a sell similar (I have not tested relisting).

As I have 5 to 6 years sales history on most of these listings its really not an option for me. Feel free to post here or message me and I can help you with what to tell your third party vendor to resolve this. I will also post an update once i get in touch with senior support from my third part product.

API Error: Inventory-based listing management is not currently supported by this tool. Please refer to the tool used to create this listing This means the listing was published to eBay from another service that uses eBay's new inventory API. toolXXX, as well as many other 3rd party services, use eBay's trading API. An API is what we use to exchange information with eBay concerning your listings. 

When this error is returned by eBay, you are not able to revise the listing directly on eBay or from toolXXX. You are able to revise it from the 3rd party tool it was published to eBay from OR end the listing, then list it as a new eBay listing from toolXXX. Ending and listing from toolXXX will change the listing to a trading API item on eBay and it can then be managed and revised from toolXXX.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

I didn't use any third party tool to list ours, but I had a Quantity Manager application just to mange our inveintory.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Hi chrishartung, 

Were you able to get this issue resolved for you. 

I am facing the same issue for my listing and do not want to forego the sales history. 

Thanks 

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

4/9/2019 Has anyone figured this out as of yet? I was using Sellbrite, but I cancelled it. Could this be causing these issues? Ebay and Shopify are both clueless. I have already spent time on the phone with both of them.....
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  hellokitti_1,

I'm having the same problem as you I'm reading a lot about it, but I can't find how to solve this issue.

Could you figured out?

Thanks,

Sonia

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chrishartung

I would like to know what application are you using for it?I
I'm having trouble with my inventory and I don't know how I can fix it

I hope the app you're using can help

thanks

sonia
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

hey did you ever get this fixed?
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Did anyone get this fixed?   I rolled things over from shopify to ebay. 

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

I am also having this issue.  I listed the items to ebay via shopify.  I am trying to talk to shopify but I am #75 in que.  LOL  I don't think this is an issue on ebay's end though.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Ditto - I am getting the same message as well. I am using Shopify and trying to push to Ebay.  I have tried two different Shopify apps and both give the same error.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

It is a issue with Shopify eBay App. I just added eBay to my Shopify store and was going to use this app to push my Shopify products to my eBay account. I found quickly that all products pushed to eBay from Shopify have this issue. Also if the product already existed on eBay with the same custom SKU Shopify still links to the product and locks it down as if it created the product listing. 

Has anyone had any luck finding out who is responsible for the eBay app on Shopify?

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Just to clarify this issue....

eBay released a new REST based API system for developers in 2016, however in their wisdom they have made it backwards incompatible with the standard trading API - to the point that none of their own tools and web interfaces can work with any listing that has either been newly listed via the new API or converted to use the API.

So they release a new up to date modern API, make it backwards incompatible with everything, and don't even update any of their own online interfaces to work with it - Genius!

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Very helpful. Same situation.
I decided to cancel Shopify, manage everything to eBay with the eBay app and edit with CSV file for now.

Any suggestions or updates? I just started. Only 72 items listed so far. Anytime I edit, I get the message "Inventory-based listing management is not currently supported by this tool. Please refer to the tool used to create this listing."

Shopify listed all my items as New. They just admitted today they can not support ConditionID from eBay.
Message 15 of 32
latest reply