cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Payment?

Every single one of my listings is INSTANT PAYMENT.  I do that so I don't have to waste time waiting for a buyer to remember to pay for what they bought. Today a zero buyer bought a samsung tablet I'm selling and I get the email saying "your buyer has 48 hours to pay" !!! UM NO! Needless to say, I cancelled the "sale" b/c there are way too many time wasters floating around on the net.

Is this part of eBay 's new policy? Letting buyers just ignore INSTANT PAYMENT? 

Anybody have a similar experience?  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Instant Payment?

@gregalion,

I see that the tablet was sold to a Best Offer.

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=284179926952

Sorry, but Immediate Payment Required only applies to items that are sold Buy It Now. For auction-format or Best Offers, IPR is not enforced. In this case, you accepted the offer, so the buyer may not have been online at the same time as you accepted it. So they wouldn't be able to pay until they see that it was accepted, at the earliest.

If the buyer doesn't pay before then, you can do an Unpaid Item after 48 h ours. Then, the buyer has 4 days/96 hours to make the payment. If they don't pay by then, you can close the UPI and cancel the transaction if you don't want to wait any more.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Instant Payment?

lacemaker3 is correct.  Immediate payment does not apply for best offer sales.  

Hope you buyer does pay you and soon.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Instant Payment?

What reason did you give for cancelling?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Instant Payment?

Actually, the box you ticked in the listing says, "Require immediate payment with Buy It Now"... that box doesn't say

"... with Offer acceptance". Lesson learned. Upward and onward!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Instant Payment?

@gregalion wrote:

Every single one of my listings is INSTANT PAYMENT.  I do that so I don't have to waste time waiting for a buyer to remember to pay for what they bought. Today a zero buyer bought a samsung tablet I'm selling and I get the email saying "your buyer has 48 hours to pay" !!! UM NO! Needless to say, I cancelled the "sale" b/c there are way too many time wasters floating around on the net.

Is this part of eBay 's new policy? Letting buyers just ignore INSTANT PAYMENT? 

Anybody have a similar experience?  

Congratulations, you just earned yourself a defect for cancelling. It's best to understand how eBay works so you don't shoot yourself in the foot.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply