cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Bank Account Number - Payout Failed

Hey everyone, hope someone can possibly shed some light on this please!

So I have a payout trying to reach my payout bank account, however it appears I've put in a wrong number. Because of this, the funds kept getting sent to an account that didn't exist, would bounce back and then automatically be re-sent again. When I try to change the payout bank account, it needs me to enter my 'old' bank account (with the incorrect number) in order to verify it's me making the change. Whenever I try to do this, it comes up with an error stating I need to enter a valid bank account number. Of course, I can't do this as that bank account doesn't technically exist as all details are correct apart from one number.

I spoke to an eBay rep just over two weeks ago who said they could send off a form to reset my details so I could manually enter them again, and this could take up to 10 days. Today, I receive a message saying I need to 'add a bank account so you can get paid' and to 'do this by 08 Mar 2021 to keep your account in good standing'. I assume this must be the reset I was told about, however when I try to enter a new bank account, I get the exact same error message as before.

Due to my own fault, this essentially makes it impossible for me to change my bank account and receive my money. Does anyone have any advice for this please? It might be a case of me having to get eBay to call me again but if anyone knows anything else, I'd very much appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Some things that may help with linking or editing your bank account for Managed Payments:

Instead of selecting your bank from the pull down menu, scroll all the way to the end and click on "My bank is not on the list" to enter the information manually.

Make sure you are using your bank's preferred ACH routing number for online deposits, as it often is different than the one preceding your account number on your checks.

Make sure your name is exactly the same on your ebay account as it is on your the bank account. You can change it back later.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you entered an incorrect account number and don't know it, the only way to get it fixed is with a security person through customer service.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply