cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay GSP is a fraud

I purchased an item from US. I’m in Australia.

seller done his bit, sent thru GSP, via USPS, then Pitney Bowes.

last tracking data - in customs pending clearance. 8 weeks now.

ive contacted my local postage(APG e-commerce) who sent me an email saying the item is lost( eBay have a copy). I also found the local couriers who are assigned to the delivery- tracking indicate that they are waiting to receive the package and clearly states, the package has not been delivered- eBay have a copy.

i raised a request for refund. EBay’s reply was they have received tracking data that it has been sent- case closed. I then raised an appeal- I did not receive my item. EBay’s reply- not changing original decision. Even with evidence I have not received the item because it is lost.

The seller has done nothing wrong, sent it using EBay’s GSP. His belief is its EBay’s problem as it was sent using GSP.

What is my next step?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: EBay GSP is a fraud

The GSP does not exist anymore, it is EIS. The seller has no control of it once it gets to their hub, so they are correct in that. EIS takes care of all International customs forms and the shipping. I sell quite a bit to Australia and here is what I can tell you is most likely going on......it is stuck in a customs backlog for whatever reason. I have had packages get delivered in a week and then others take 8-10 weeks at times. It just depends on their backlog and if you package is targeted for "closer "inspection". Australian customs is one of the most stringent I have found. Ebay closed your case as they can still see it there in customs and know it can take time. When you filed your complaint, they too sent a message to customs about it. Eventually, there is a point where Ebay WILL refund you. Did they give you a date it would be delivered by?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@thechef51,

Because of the differences in customs, postal services between the U.S.  whose site you have posted your issue on, and Australia's services, we can only offer suggestions on how to proceed based on our experiences in the U.S. which may not work for you.  You may want to login to  (ebay.com.au)  and post your issue on its Community. Someone there, may know how to get your Customs service to locate a package in their possession.

When you opened a dispute, presumably for item not received, eBay's automated system looked for tracking, and seeing messages that the item had been shipped and made it to Australia, it closed the dispute.  If you appealed, even providing a screen shot showing the item was stuck in Australia's customs, they would not issue a refund for Item Not Received, since it was still considered to be en route.

Here our only option would be to contact ebay through one of their social media sites (links below)

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Use the blue message us button on the FB page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Those sites are manned by actual ebay employees, but even they may not be able to do anything, while the item is stuck in Customs.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi and thanks for your reply.

100% on the seller, he’s done what he can. Not that this should be the issue, he too quoted GSP 🤔

Initial delivery 25 March- 5 April.

No new dates.

Australian Customs- you’re spot on. 

I don’t share your optimism with regards to a refund from eBay. So I’m all in on your ‘customs backlog outcome’.

thanks again

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi and thanks for all that.

The automated reply does make sense and I’ll jump on the fb page.

Thankyou

Message 5 of 5
latest reply