cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell faster with new Active Listings features

What you need to know

We’re committed to simplifying how you sell. That’s why we’re bringing more selling tools and tips right to where you spend your time—your Seller Hub Active Listings tab and the eBay app.

Sellers with a Basic or higher Store subscription can now seamlessly create markdown sale events directly from the Active Listings tab. Plus, all sellers will start seeing personalized recommendations on the Active Listings tab, with actionable tips to help you sell your items faster.

Create sale events from Active Listings and the eBay app

As a Basic or higher eBay Store subscriber, you already have access to a variety of great promotional tools, including markdown sale events. Now, eBay Store subscribers can create sale events and add items to existing sale events directly from the Seller Hub Active Listings tab on desktop. 

Previously, you could only create sale events from the Seller Hub Marketing tab. 

This update means you can easily and quickly identify items you want to include in a sale event and take action while you check on your active listings.

This feature is already available on desktop. In the coming weeks, you’ll also be able to create sale events on the eBay app when viewing your active listings, making it even easier to manage your sale events when you’re on the go. 

New “Sell it faster” recommendations

All sellers will see new “Sell it faster” recommendations on your Seller Hub Active Listings tab when we identify specific listings that we think will benefit from certain actions. 

We’ve already started showing recommendations to send Offers to Buyers for eligible listings. Now, when you choose to act on these recommendations, you’ll see an updated experience that lets you set up automated offers based on considerations like category, price, and condition.

As part of our goal to simplify and empower your selling, we’re working toward giving you more data-backed “Sell it faster” recommendations aimed at helping you improve your listing quality and run more effective marketing campaigns.

Next steps

Keep an eye on your Active Listings tab—you’ll start seeing “Sell it faster” recommendations for listings that could benefit from Offers to Buyers. Give these recommendations a try.

If you have a Basic or above Store subscription, try creating a sale event from your Active Listings tab next time you check on your listings. 

Please ensure that all questions and comments remain on topic. Any off topic posts will be moved to the appropriate board, so they can be answered by Community Members. 

Please allow us 24-72 hours to provide an answer to your question. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Sell faster with new Active Listings features

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

seller_update@ebay thanks. But what you just stated is directly contradicted by @penguins_dont_fly post, which says the tab appeared for both his coupon sale and for a separate markdown manager sale. So, maybe you could double check this? 

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques Currently, it should only be visible when there is an active coupon promotion. However, we are planning to add the tab for a Sale Event in the future too.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

seller_update@ebay  You say: "Currently, it should only be visible when there is an active coupon promotion. However, we are planning to add the tab for a Sale Event in the future too."

As I noted, at least one seller has seen it active for a Sale Event. So, are you saying that what he saw was a glitch? A test? Or is it the start of a roll out? Because obviously, this is NOT currently confined to only coupon promotions if he had it show up for a Sales Event.

So, can you explain WHY it showed up for the Sales Event?

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

seller_update@ebay 

errrrr..........feeling a bit left out here on message 2

Perhaps you see it as a spurious question? But it isn't, at least to me.  Ebay is choosing to use "reverent" as a criteria for sort for feedback.  I consistently see sort like this:

dhbookds_0-1708708732391.pngdhbookds_1-1708708785500.png

(lots more 6 months in there, but didn't want to run a page of copies)

There has to be some logic to why the feedback is shown in the order it is...... None are neg/neutral/none for buying.  What "relevancy" that order has to buyers (all or individual?) ?......

If you could explain why......perhaps it would be easier to accept.........

or does no one know how or why it was done? 

Thanks

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

seller_update@ebay 

errrrr..........feeling a bit left out here on message 2

Perhaps you see it as a spurious question? But it isn't, at least to me.  Ebay is choosing to use "reverent" as a criteria for sort for feedback.  I consistently see sort like this:

dhbookds_0-1708708732391.pngdhbookds_1-1708708785500.png

(lots more 6 months in there, but didn't want to run a page of copies)

There has to be some logic to why the feedback is shown in the order it is...... None are neg/neutral/none for buying.  What "relevancy" that order has to buyers (all or individual?) ?......

If you could explain why......perhaps it would be easier to accept.........

or does no one know how or why it was done? 

Thanks

Hey @dhbookds please remember to stay on topic in this discussion.  The guidelines for the Seller Update discussions can be found here. 

Kyle,
eBay
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

kyle@ebay 

This is what I read as part of the update:

Updates to tools to help run your business

Getting access to your sold items data is an important business resource. Now, using Terapeak, you can access the last 3 years of sold items data. We’ve also refined product research results by excluding any invalid sales, such as unpaid or canceled items, from the sold results. Stay tuned, we’re also working on more ways to access data on mobile. Learn more about Terapeak.

Keeping feedback organized is an important aspect of attracting more buyers so we’ve made the following improvements: 

• The most relevant feedback is shown first with the improved default sort.
  • Buyers can now add images to their feedback on listings that have multiple quantities available.
  • Replies to feedback are now visible on mobile, in the eBay app, and desktop.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2024-winter

and the reason I posted.........  "improved default sort"..........

Where may I post to get an answer?

Message 20 of 20
latest reply