cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Block Buyers/Bidders With Zero Feedback On Ebay

Found a partial solution. Go to Buyer Requirements when you are creating your listing or change it in your site preferences, checkmark the "Have bid on or bought my items within the last 10 days and met my limit...." change it to "1" and then change the value for "only apply this block...." to "0" and this will make anyone who has a feedback of zero to only make or win/bid 1 at a time. Now, I know its not a total block, but its the closest thing there is on Ebay and at least this will make someone out to harm you with a fake account because you blocked them or they are a competitor to only do this on one of your items, not all of them. Also check mark the "Dont Have A Paypal Account" They can still pay for it by credit card through Paypal but this will give you all the real vitals if the person pays. If they are out to get you then you can cross reference to see if that name appears anywhere else on your Paypal transactions with a different Ebay name and if there is a match then call ebay and they will get off the negative because you cant have 2 Ebay accounts and it will seem that the account was made just to cause harm. This is my setup below and I get very few problems.

1.JPG

Hope this helps

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: How To Block Buyers/Bidders With Zero Feedback On Ebay

The real issue lies in, if I want to dominate a market, say for oranges.

If my oranges are listed, amongst another load of other orange auctions, I can just create a ton of accounts, put max bids of $9,000 for all the other oranges, with no intention to pay for them.

All the auctions end eventually... My oranges sold well, to legit buyers.

All the other oranges sold to my fake accounts, so they didn't really sell.

The results?

- The price of oranges was artificially inflated.

- I made more money than I would have without doing this, due to the point above.

- Other sellers had to pay PayPal transaction fee's on the items that didn't sell.

- Other sellers have to relist their oranges.

- Other sellers have to pay insertion fee's (where applicable) on those relisted oranges.

- Other sellers wasted time, effort, money and resources.

I can rinse and repeat this as much as I need to, because there's no penalty to be had.

This is the real crux of the existing system.

None of what I have stated is:

a) Desirable

b) Good

Oranges was a ridiculous example, but it's just what I happened to be eating at the time.

Message 61 of 65
latest reply

Yes, I have just had two 5 day auctions end with scammers. Might be time to find another place to sell my quality merchandise.

Message 62 of 65
latest reply

Late to this party. eBayer since 1998 so I've seen a lot over the years.

Yes, we all start with (0). And if all (0) bidders were blocked, there would be no eBay. Got it.

BUT, sellers should have an option to limit a (0) bidder on more expensive items. I want bidders to have a certain amount of street cred before allowing them to bid on a $600 laptop.

Sellers should have the option of requiring a level of positive feedback and account longevity that is commensurate with the level of bidding.

e.g.

At $100, a bidder must have 10 +FB and an account that's 6+ months old.

At $500, then 50 FB and 1+ year old.

etc...

The higher the bid, the higher the street cred.

Seller could choose to enable that or not.

Of course eBay will never do this. But as a seller, I should expect to have more control over who I choose to sell to. There's too many shenanigans on eBay and (0) bidders are highly over-represented on that.

Message 63 of 65
latest reply

I agree, i have tried, but there is nothing. I have tried Facebook, Etsy , and Ebid. Have listed 

on all of them all and hardly any views at all. Needless to say , NO Sales. Stuck with eBay and

they know it as far as i'm concerned. They treat buyers better than the sellers who pay the bills

on their site. Just wish someone would come along with a magic wand and give us all a much

better site that has respect for its sellers. 

Message 64 of 65
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 65 of 65
latest reply