cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Sellers should get a A LOT more discount on selling fees

I have 100% positive feedback and am a Top Rated Seller . But I get no meaningful discount on the hefty fees ebay charges. I am far lower risk than the typical ebay seller. I also resolve issues on my own without needing to involve ebay support. But still I pay basically the same fees as everyone else. There is a tiny discount if I chose 1-day shipping and handling. But that is very hard for me since this is a side business outside my day job. So the tiny savings aren't worth the hassle.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Top Rated Sellers should get a A LOT more discount on selling fees

@adamcartwright    I disagree. Top Rated Plus seller status is not a participation trophy. There needs to be a reward for above and beyond. 

Message 16 of 43
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

Why? We all know the requirements to be a TRS.

But some sellers go beyond that by never using eBay resources on claims and disputes.

They handle everything on their own -- and still have 100% feedback.

That's the point.

Message 17 of 43
latest reply

10% discount will be quickly negated by free return of items after the buyer uses them

Message 18 of 43
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

This seller is Top-Rated Plus. Should this seller get a bigger discount?

TR-Plus is a listing status, not a seller status.  The TR-Plus badge is put on listings that offer 1-day handling and 30-day free returns.  A Top Rated Seller could have some listings which are TR-Plus and others that aren't, such as if they choose a longer handling time for some items.

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

TRS /TRS+  hasn't been  around for 22 years   . It  was  started around 2010   .    so  TRS/ TRS +    has been  around on ebay for about 14 years.     

OK, thanks for the correction.  Just that I've been top rated for as long as I can remember. (seemed like longer)

Message 20 of 43
latest reply

@ryanrobyn    I find that the 10% discount more than covers any returns that may occur. 

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

@ryanrobyn    I find that the 10% discount more than covers any returns that may occur. 

I bleed money like a stuck pig for the unfortunate month I tried free returns.

There is no discount high enough that I would do that again.

Now when the discount was 20% before promoted listings I definately second that sentiment.

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@carlmarxx wrote:

TRS /TRS+  hasn't been  around for 22 years   . It  was  started around 2010   .    so  TRS/ TRS +    has been  around on ebay for about 14 years.     

OK, thanks for the correction.  Just that I've been top rated for as long as I can remember. (seemed like longer)

Might have been thinking of the old power seller stats.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 43
latest reply

Or, I just wasn't thinking 🤣 (that's been confirmed to have happened)

Message 24 of 43
latest reply

@heckofagame That was exactly my point.

And I don't believe OP is even talking about TRS+, but just being a TRS.

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

How many buyers actually look for the badge instead of feedback? TRS is just an eBay incentive to minimize work and liability for eBay. 

As a buyer, I'm interested in what the buyer says about the seller in feedback.

Feedback is a universal standard for most online marketplaces, and used by most buyers. Although I'm a TRS, you won't find any gold stars on my refrigerator.

Message 26 of 43
latest reply

There is nothing wrong with the OP thinking/hoping/wishing/wanting an additional discount.

I think I should have got a additional discount for being best seller on ebay 2019.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 27 of 43
latest reply

@adamcartwright wrote:

@luckythewinner 

Why? We all know the requirements to be a TRS.

But some sellers go beyond that by never using eBay resources on claims and disputes.

They handle everything on their own -- and still have 100% feedback.

That's the point.

You seem to think that is an option.  Whether or not to have your claims and disputes ran through Ebay or not.  It isn't an option on most transactions, most buyers that want to open a claim do so without ever contacting their seller before hand.

Some sellers can do everything the right way and still run across a buyer that no matter what you do, you aren't going to make them happy.  Sometimes it just seems like the luck of the draw.

But you are right, those sellers that offer superior customer service will typically fair better than those that do not.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 28 of 43
latest reply

@ryanrobyn wrote:

10% discount will be quickly negated by free return of items after the buyer uses them

Wow, I'm sorry you get so many of these that it causes this issue.  Sincerely, that is sad.  

FYI on an INAD all sellers, no matter their stated return policy pay for return shipping per the rules of Ebay.  That includes a seller with a No Return policy.

Most transaction however do not end in a return.  I am sorry you seem to be dealing with more than the norm.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 29 of 43
latest reply

According to you people with high credit scores should be treated by lenders the same as those with low credit scores?

TRS is like a high credit score. My guess is less than 20% of Ebay sellers are TRS. Hence, there should be some reward for this by lower fees. My understanding is a big part of the fees are because of fraud and deceitful practices by greedy sellers. 

Message 30 of 43
latest reply