cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE RIVER IS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!

A good thing that Ebay requires receipts from new sellers listing lots of new, designer, items. The river should have been so thorough.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-mom-alleged-ringleader-behind-185020113.html

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: THE RIVER IS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!

True that AMZ is much more restrictive than ebay. eBay is trying, so to speak but always several years behind AMZ in every aspect. A seller can add just about any product on eBay and it goes live in a matter of minutes. AMZ is a whole different story. So many brands are restricted and you have to jump thru hoops to list. 

When I crosslist, I can maybe get up 25% on AMZ as compared to eBay without having to jump thru hoops and many items are virtually impossible for me to list on AMZ.

Even if some of these sellers get taken down and AMZ accounts deleted,  they know how to open more accounts. It is certainly not rocket science especially in their organized environments whether they be here in the states or elsewhere.

Posting ID
Message 31 of 34
latest reply

"I guess what boggles the mind is Amazon never questioning these designer items she sold by the hundreds..for over ten years!"

So long as Amazon is making $$$, what's to question?

Difficult to say what role Amazon played in the investigation or if in fact they were the first to bring it to the attention of law enforcement. As you look at most of these types of crimes the timeline does not surprise me at all it often takes years to investigate, collect data and establish a solid basis for a case. It will probably take another 2 years to prosecute this one if it ever goes to trial. Then of course you have the potential civil suits to add to that. 

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

A good thing that Ebay requires receipts from new sellers 

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Has ebay bothered to hire expert receipt authenticity staff ?
Message 33 of 34
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@bonjourami wrote:

A good thing that Ebay requires receipts from new sellers 

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Has ebay bothered to hire expert receipt authenticity staff ?

It is mostly done by bot. I am sure they have some human staffing but not even remotely close to enough humans to address perhaps even ~10%~ of the cases and eBay is NOT concerned as there will never, ever be a shortage of sellers.

Running questionable sellers off the platforms has always been a staple on AMZ and eBay is following along. Too bad honest folks get caught up in the initiative as well.

Posting ID
Message 34 of 34
latest reply