cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package arrived after buyer was refunded. How do I get paid?

I had to issue a refund to a buyer as USPS lost the item. I double checked the other day and it turns out the package was finally delivered, I would like to get paid as the buyer essentially got the product for free. This particular buyer left me negative feedback prior to even notifying me that the package was late. I doubt they will be cooperative with me. Will ebay get involved, or am I on my own? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Package arrived after buyer was refunded. How do I get paid?

Hopefully the buyer will be honest and send payment. I had two orders get hung up at USPS in Memphis and issued refunds. When the items finally arrived both offered to pay again thru e-bay but I couldn't figure out how to do it without causing issues so I told both not to worry about. Maybe your buyer can pay by a check thru the mail.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Use this as a very hard to swallow lesson. In the future always file a missing mail search on USPS site. Within this request you are asked if found should the mail piece be sent to addressee or returned to you. Had you known this your item would have been sent back to you.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If the buyer is cooperative, he can always send payment thru Paypal.You can also ask him to revise that fb by sending him a fb revision request.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@mike_jayroe  fyi if it happens again, u can send them a paypal invoice

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@johnnydollar69 

Poster @mike_jayroe is pretty much correct. Earlier this year this happened to me with a collectable I purchased. Difference was that I was always in touch with seller instead of leaving big red donuts all over.

My item showed up 8 weeks later and I promptly sent him a check for the full amount ( and it was a larger sum). Looks like your buyer was impatient and couldn't wait to leave a negative to tell the world about his somebody done somebody wrong song.

Sorry about this kind of buyer, I refuse to be that type of buyer.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

The only guidance is to just suck it up and move on.  You might get lucky by asking the buyer to send  payment via Paypal but usually that doesn't happen.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@johnnydollar69   it's possible ebay will issue u a courtesy refund, depending on how often, if ever, u rec'd any b4 and the amount involved.

Contact eBay via their social media sites with a private message:

https://Facebook.com/ebay

AND-OR 

https://Twitter.com/askebay

Great customer service on both

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I was going to do that, but would cost me more than half the item. You have to file an intercept and return to sender. Wasn’t worth it. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@253marla 

This is an old thread.  It is a good subject, I would encourage you to start a new thread and tell us what is happening for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply