cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Americana

I'm a bit confused,

I placed a lot of 2 miniature cloth black Americana dolls (grandpa and grandma) on eBay and after they were sold I received a notice from eBay that my listing was removed as per their offensive material policy.

However there are  other miniature cloth black Americana dolls listed for sale on eBay and similar ones have sold.

My question is...why was my listing removed and others were not. Thanks

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Black Americana

As Charles Manson used to tell his acolytes: Don't ask why. 

He also used to say: No sense makes sense.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

@house*of*paws wrote:

@tdl_collectibles wrote:

I had this print ad pulled down for being offensive. I made no mention of Aunt Jemima in the title or description and just had it listed as "Mills Branch Buckwheat Flour Ad 1927" or something to that effect and I wasn't selling it for any more or less than any other add I listed from that 1927 magazine.

Yet there are hundreds of other items online, including empty boxes of Uncle Bens Rice and bottles of actual Aunt Jemima still active if you search for that term.

It's all random bots and/or people being petty when we are in a world right now with much larger problems than a 94 year old piece of paper offending someone.

tdl_collectibles_0-1699547931601.png

This is an actual listing on eBay right now below which should violate expired goods policy as well but that's where we are right now with how uneven things are.

tdl_collectibles_1-1699548099206.png

It’s not just the ‘Aunt Jemima’ image that became banned … but images of any grinning woman in a slave costume, which many would consider an offensive oxymoron.  Anyway, that’s my guess.

^^^^ "slave costume"??  Exactly what does a slave costume look like? There are photos and depictions of slave labor from across the world wearing different "costumes" (clothing) from the ancient slaves building pyramids in Egypt to modern children caught up in the international sex slave trades. Shouldn't antiquities or art depicting any slave of any nationality or ethnic background or culture also be banned? Slavery is abhorrent regardless of which race is enslaved.  

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

Shouldn't antiquities or art depicting any slave of any nationality or ethnic background or culture also be banned? Slavery is abhorrent regardless of which race is enslaved.  

××××××××××××××××××××

Although slavery is offensive & abhorrent  individuals are highly sensitive to what is or may be considered  examples of racism, which could be anything they find or regard as being demeaning , &  possibly considered as viewing individuals in an unflattering light based upon race.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

I recently listed an antique box of soap with the two Gold Dust twins on it. I made no mention of "black", "Black Americana", or anything, just what it was.....a box of Gold Dust washing powder. It was removed a couple of days later as offensive. Yet I saw other listings for Gold Dust that were no removed. There's no rhyme or reason when it comes to eBay.

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

I used to drive a red sport coupe and one day several cars whizzed by me, then shortly a state cop was behind me with flashing lights.   I got a ticket.  weird

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

That is just soooo wrong!!! 

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

@johnson_junk_company wrote:

That is just soooo wrong!!! 

Yeah, lots of people on here like to think it's like speeding..."some get caught and some don't". 

But my point was that it's not at all like speeding when certain items have been reported over and over and still nothing is done. 

Message 37 of 37
latest reply