cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with pendant please

E5CF6B0D-F728-485E-85D0-4B6D1BDA35EB.jpeg

5C766C35-8F7D-4523-B0BB-AAC8BD6C90DE.jpeg

What am I? It is marked sterling Germany and then makers mark still looking for that but what is it supposed to be? It is 3 inches when closed and 5 inches when you open It. Seen the swivel sticks but my wires are straight not curved and doesn’t appear it ever had a ball on the end. I have been calling it a head scratcher lol 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Help with pendant please

That may be precisely what it is!  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Are the wires bendy or stiff? Strange-looking implement for Sterling silver.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

They bend side to side but not flimsy but don’t bend at all going back and forth like sweeping motion 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

There are several flexible head scratchers on Pinterest. There are also some telescopic back scratchers there. Ooh just found a combination back scratcher-shoe horn. 

Listed on EB:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fathers-Day-Gift-Back-Scratcher-Funny-Gifts-15-Flexible-Tines/232793942528?...

The flexible head scratcher:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Head-Scalp-Massager-Hand-Held-Scratcher-Stress-Relax-Neck-Arms-Feet-Hair/22...

I'm looking up all these things 'cos I'm curious 🙂

A.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Maybe look at vintage chatelaine items????

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Looks like a whisk.

Might work for stirring something or maybe a grooming implement but length seems impractical? Doesn't seem like it is something meant to get dirty though 😞
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

BAFD5873-3D45-47A5-B187-0406F7364E25.jpeg188EC141-1040-4752-98E0-B1518B24A602.jpeg

here are are some more pictures that might help

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Pipe cleaner?
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Found it?

"Retractable Champagne Whisk Sterling Silver"

Various styles some have one strand with ball on end.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Mine doesn’t have a ball and appears to never have had one and my wires are straight where those look curved. This is what stumps me

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thank you everyone swizzle stick it is 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Just looking at the shape it almost looks like a small hand fan that is missing the material part. Oh you determined swizzle stick... Hmm 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I was checking out various options & the first thing that came to my mind was a whisk or as mentioned a swizzle stick (not) continued looking and came across some items from the European area perhaps it could be a vintage ladies riding crop? It will fetch you much more money if it's a crop versus a whisk...

Good Luck,

Kimberly

Kimberly M Burt
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Could  it be a device for cleaning a hair brush? (removing the hair)

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply