cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUDULENT CREME DE LA MER

Just wanted ebay to know that I have been purchasing Creme de la Mer from the company itself, or retail outlets such as Nordstrom's.  It's more expensive, but I'll never purchase it on ebay again, after receiving fraudulent cream.  Shame on the sellers trying to pass off junk as an expensive cream!  And ebay is not helping by selling empty Creme de la Mer jars and boxes.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I hope you reported the seller. What drives me nuts are the big scammers who sell perfume, like Chanel #5 for a low price, and people buy them, leave positive feedback and the seller is a TRS. 

I don’t think I would buy La Mer on ebay, or any pricey skin care or perfume. We were in VietNam on a trip and in this park there were tables of expensive perfumes boxed and sealed for $5. People bought them. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I just found a very expensive La Mer cream. There were multiple pictures and one was the batch code on the bottom of the jar. I looked it up, and the response code was “ NOT CORRECT” obviously a fraudulent jar of cream. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Point is though, why is ebay selling empty jars of Creme de la Mer, along with empty boxes??  They are even encouraging fraud, what can anyone possibly do with an empty box that is selling for top dollar?  I will never purchase anything 'sealed' (supposedly) and 'brand new' as far as health and beauty aids here on ebay, because these 'sellers' are making a huge business on us.  I even tried a different outlet, same thing - Fraudulent.  Some don't even realize they're using $3 junk on their faces instead of the $200 real thing!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

eBay does not sell anything.  Sellers list their items, fraudulent or otherwise, on eBay for sale. eBay has no way to make sure something is the real thing when it's listed for sale here.  No eBay employee actually inspects the item.  How could that work?

They more or less rely on the Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  If/when any buyer receives any item that's not as described, he has the protection of the MBG.  Are you not using it when you receive an empty jar or a fraudulent item?  

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I've received the following fake products.

Advantage flea treatment, New Martinsville plate, Royal Apothic Cream, Pureflex air freshener beads, Cynthia Rowley tops (more than one from different sellers), and Ambush cologne. I've seen so much fake Meissen porcelain it isn't  funny. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

You don't get it - to allow the sale of empty jars and boxes is allowing the sale of fraudulent products!

Why would anyone purchase empty boxes??

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Those of us who have been on here a long time see what's going on!

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I think it's getting worse, there is no control of these listings - and if a seller is reported as fraudulent, they simply open another account under a new name!  I see many 'new' sellers with just a few feedback.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Have no idea why one would knowingly purchase empty boxes; however, if I discovered that an item that I had purchased was not as described, like an empty box when I expected a product to be contained in the box, I would know enough about the MBG to open an item not as described case.  

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Apparently, you have determined that I am a new kid on the block.

Surely you are aware that eBay buyers and sellers can have more than one eBay ID.

Some of us have an ID for buying, an ID for selling and maybe yet another for posting here.

Just pointing out that a FB # or a date of enrollment is not always the way to judge.  

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Just go away, you're off topic completely!

Of no help whatsoever, and not adding anything to the conversation.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

You're probably one of the sellers of fraudulent products!  LOL

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I just ordered a La Mer cream on ebay- I am new to ebay and it said New and In box and the seller accepts returns so I assumed this one might be legitimate.   I have not received it yet but when I do, if it is not the real thing I am going to return it.  Hopefully I will get my money back.   

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Can anyone who has purchased a La Mer creme from ebay confirm that they have received the real thing.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply