cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Selling Seller - canceled order - false justification used

OK.. so it goes.

1. My home location is Melbourne, Australia.
  2. My search notification email raises an item located in USA.
  3. Seller has this setup as 'No International shipping'.
  4. My Australia Post account provides an associated USA based forwarding agent services and via my AusPost account I formally register an account with this entity. There is formal business connection between these entities and so, fully coordinated 1st rate tracking, 'sign for' receipt at forwarding address [from seller] and 'sign for' delivery with notification  between US and AusPost and payment of services via AusPost account - So,  I have a sound valid USA postal address.  [It's worthy to note that proof of ID requirements are higher to register an AusPost account than to register an eBay or paypal account]
  5. I change ebay account preferences for this valid alternative address. I sure can do so, eBay system allows more than 1 alternate that is retained in account and can be changed at any time.
  6. I now bid.  I am the only 'watcher' of the item as per the notification email received.
  7. I 'win' the item and receive 'win' notification email and another email notification of invoice payable to ship to US address.
  8. An hour later I receive email notification that seller has canceled order, citing reason as 'out of stock or damaged'.
  9. I then receive ebay messages email from seller stating canceled due to "not comfortable with sending to forwarding agent" as an excuse. 
  10. This is clearly not one of the 4 valid reasons for order cancellation. 
  11. Rather disappointed I reply 2 hrs later asking they inform me of a relist.
  12. One day later I'm far less than happy. I contact eBay Cust. Service Help and file complaint.
  13. We all read the advice here suggesting  'binding contract' placing bids to win... and it's a 2 way street isn't it folks!  Seller lists and they have 'binding contract' too... to sell at the BIN or FVP realised via auction listing.
  14. CS rep explains the 4 selection buttons a seller can use to justify a cancel order action.  Explains the 'defect' that applies to seller account.   I suggest that to a small time hobby seller since 2005 with FB of >200, far less than mine over this same time period with International trading experience, this defect is like being whipped with a feather.   To a business seller this 'defect' may be of significance and have a deterrent effect.
  15. CS rep suggested a report will be filed and investigated. 
  16. I requested notation that for further information contact me.

Now... I received no email conformation that a case had be launched for investigation, as filed via CS contact method.

Past experience of filing complaint for investigation via CS had resulted in conformation email with case number etc.  Sometime s it was just a form letter reply suggesting 'we have passed this onto the Trust and Safety team bla bla bla .. and won't tell you of outcome or actions taken on an offender. 

yeah... sure.

I've never backed out of a trade or left a seller hanging, never filed a return case [sure could have with some ripoff artists] , canceled orders on mutual agreement... for good reasons.

Moreover, conducted business here on that principal of 'binding agreement' and fair and reasonable consideration of trading partners.  

But... this one is annoying.

The reason given to cancel is false and acknowledged so.

My US postal address is probably more secure than the sellers own address. It is a serious business and run accordingly... someone always there to receive deliveries and 'sign for'.

I have the time currently and the will, so what I ask from the experienced here is advice..

How do I ensure this has been filed for investigation and action.

ie. whats the case number etc. I have nothing but words down the phone line so far.

How do I push this along so it isn't 'filed under forget'?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Non Selling Seller - canceled order - false justification used

Read the whole thread (it was at 15 posts when I did).

I wouldn't want to sell to you, either.  BBL.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

When you saw the No International Sales, you should have been prepared to be turned down.

The seller may have cancelled as "Problem with Address".

This is an acceptable reason (your personal address and your postal address do not match).

He didn't get a defect if he used that reason.

You may not realize that your Australian Paypal card costs the seller more in Paypal fees and in foreign exchange than he may be willing to absorb.

US sellers are a pretty xenophbic lot.

Move on.

He doesn't want your money.

And you're probably on his Blocked Buyer List now anyway.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:
  1. When you saw the No International Sales, you should have been prepared to be turned down. The seller may have cancelled as "Problem with Address".  This is an acceptable reason (your personal address and your postal address do not match). He didn't get a defect if he used that reason.
  2. You may not realize that your Australian Paypal card costs the seller more in Paypal fees and in foreign exchange than he may be willing to absorb.
  3. US sellers are a pretty xenophobic lot.
  4. Move on. He doesn't want your money.
  5. And you're probably on his Blocked Buyer List now anyway.

The real issue here is as per thread title - NON SELLING SELLER

To make it clear, in response to a rational reply;

1. As you suggest, there is no 'problem' with with my valid, certified provider [shipping agent] or, ebay enabled 'alternative delivery address' - being a direct corporate partner/service provider to my AusPost account [that incidentally requires higher proof of ID than ebay or paypal to establish].

I can have multiple 'alternate addresses' on ebay account for good reasons like being away from home address [interstate due to work or family commitments]. 

Likewise, I can issue an authorised for another individual to pickup and sign for postal articles on my behalf, as I do if unable to do myself due to work commitments, and likewise for her.

[ same as picking up a filled drug prescription at a pharmacy for someone who can't, as you do.] 

If there was a 'problem' with this, why do ebay allow 'alternative delivery address' on my and all your accounts?

Why do ebay and postal services allow for the receivers authorised agent to pickup and sign for articles?

The tracking service is fully co-ordinated between the shipping agent and AusPost [but that's of no concern to a US seller who forwards articles there - the stupid MBG ends when item arrives at the shipping agent, unlike GSP scheme, anyway.  But Y'all knew that didn't you]. 

There is NO problem with any of my addresses or authorised agents.

In essence, the 'problem' is an ill informed individual [this seller] who is deluded by misinformation they have 'heard about' regarding shipping agents. Maybe some 'faceflap' friend told 'em so.  It's not like there is 100% true and correct 'advice' dispensed here on these boards, is there.

2.  I always make paypal in the currency stated in the item listing, be that US$, GBP, C$ or Euro. As far as I've ever known, via ebay checkout payment process there is no option to pay a US$ invoice in AU$.

I pay for the exchange rate, not the receiver of the funds.... and generally get ripped of in the process, be that buy the paypal rate or my bank rate. I live happy without any Credit Cards and so, none associated with paypal account.   

3. That's a grim generalisation. 

I've experience very open minded US sellers [and Globally] who can actually manage filling in a simple CN22 con note and taking a parcel down to the post office themselves... who seek out the best shipping deal for the buyer... who have sometimes invoiced lower shipping charge than it cost to send and happy to trade with people beyond their scary borders. 

So, who's 'problem' is this such narrow minded 'thinking'?

Ya gotta laugh hey.  Life must be so hard for the bigots, racists and sexists in the World, always on guard and limiting their own potential.  Not my problem.

4.  It's a bit over priced anyway, exchange and shipping rates considered.

Seems nobody else in the very limited US market is interested too.

Shipping certainly is over priced even at true rates out of the US - and well beyond reasonable using the GSP rort. 

5.  LOL  What about my other ebay account or my totally independent partner/neighbours enabled account?

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Re #5 - So you feel entitled to circumvent the buyer's blocks? Okie dokie then.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

No report was filed and there will be no investigation. Not sure what made you think there would be an investigation? The seller cancelled the transaction and received a very serious defect. You neg him if you want. There's nothing for ebay to look into. And even if there was an investigation, they aren't going to send you anything in regards to it.

This is NOT true.

I now have 3 transcripts from Help Chat sessions that clearly state the matter has been escalated to T&S investigation.

The appropriate FB was done, accurate and supported by ebay held documentation that includes chronology of events. NO VALID REASON TO SEEK REMOVAL.

At no time was FB mentioned in any member to member messages.

Heard the saying...  "When you realise your in a hole you have dug, the best thing to do is stop digging" ?

Well, the seller responded to this FB with false, misleading & defamatory comment.

I responded to that with fact, dismissing the false and misleading comment.

Later in the day I notice the whole FB has been removed by eBay, without any notification or request by this seller.

There was NO valid reason to seek removal and and the CS rep that has facilitated this has erred.

SO, further grounds to seek review of both seller actions/false submissions and CS rep determination to remove FB without valid reason. 

This is acknowledged in the Help - Chat transcription as emailed to me directly from eBay.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

If you mentioned your case against this seller,or your contact with Ebay about it, thats why the fb was removed. And again..there will be no investigation because the seller cancelled your item...thats another Ebay fairy tale,and you fell for it.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@phono_0490xxxxxx wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

No report was filed and there will be no investigation. Not sure what made you think there would be an investigation? The seller cancelled the transaction and received a very serious defect. You neg him if you want. There's nothing for ebay to look into. And even if there was an investigation, they aren't going to send you anything in regards to it.

This is NOT true.

I now have 3 transcripts from Help Chat sessions that clearly state the matter has been escalated to T&S investigation.

The appropriate FB was done, accurate and supported by ebay held documentation that includes chronology of events. NO VALID REASON TO SEEK REMOVAL.

Heard the saying...  "When you realise your in a hole you have dug, the best thing to do is stop digging" ?

Well, the seller responded to this FB with false, misleading & defamatory comment.

Later in the day I notice the whole FB has been removed by eBay, without any notification or request by this seller.

There was NO valid reason to seek removal and and the CS rep that has facilitated this has erred.

SO, further grounds to seek review of both seller actions/false submissions and CS rep determination to remove FB without valid reason. 

This is acknowledged in the Help - Chat transcription as emailed to me directly from eBay.

It is true. There’s nothing for them to investigate. They told you what you want to hear. That’s all there is to it. Chat transcriptions mean nothing. The seller cancelled and he is allowed to do that. There’s nothing for eBay to look into a they told you they were investigating just to make you feel better 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

If you mentioned your case against this seller,or your contact with Ebay about it, thats why the fb was removed. And again..there will be no investigation because the seller cancelled your item...thats another Ebay fairy tale,and you fell for it.

Again,

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@phono_0490xxxxxx wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

This is NOT true.

It is true. There’s nothing for them to investigate. They told you what you want to hear. That’s all there is to it. Chat transcriptions mean nothing. The seller cancelled and he is allowed to do that. There’s nothing for eBay to look into a they told you they were investigating just to make you feel better 🙂

trinton@ebay

Is this true?  

And FB removal based on lies ?

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

When you saw the No International Sales, you should have been prepared to be turned down.

Australia is an International Address. My own Canadian address is an International Address.

The seller does not want to ship to International Addresses.

2.  I always make paypal in the currency stated in the item listing

The charge is nothing to do with the currency.

Paypal is looking at where your PP account is registered and charges more because they are negotiating two (or more ) banking systems.

US sellers are a pretty xenophobic lot.

Lovely people, one on one, but very suspicious of 'strangers'.

And you're probably on his Blocked Buyer List now anyway.

Buyer Blocks are applied to all the IDs for a given ISP number.

And the Paypal Block on international accounts still applies

baby dummy.jpg

Message 25 of 25
latest reply