cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you feel about packing slips in your package?

These are question for the buyers. I really want a buyers perspective on this.

1) Do you like receiving a packing slip with your order with a thank you note on the slip?

2) Do you feel the packing slip helps the post office if the box and label get damaged?

3) Especially when you order several items from different platforms, does a packing slip help you to remember who you bought what from?

4) Would you rather not receive a packing slip?

5) Would you rather have a thank you card or business card with the store name on it?

6) Would you rather have nothing at all except the item and packing material?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: How do you feel about packing slips in your package?

You should have a some slip  with the address inside in case the one on outside get damaged.  Ink jet print is not water resistant. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

If the shipment is going to a business address, it should have a packing slip to help make sure it gets from the company mail room or receiving area to the correct person in the building. 

Posting ID
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

As a male buyer:

1) Do you like receiving a packing slip with your order with a thank you note on the slip?

Don't care one way or the other about the packing slip, thank you note is nice

2) Do you feel the packing slip helps the post office if the box and label get damaged?

So far none of my orders have gone missing and all still had labels on them. 

3) Especially when you order several items from different platforms, does a packing slip help you to remember who you bought what from?

Generally, only have 1 or 2 orders at a time, so no help really for me. I buy much more from B&M stores then order online. 

4) Would you rather not receive a packing slip?

Either way is fine. 

5) Would you rather have a thank you card or business card with the store name on it?

A simple thank you on the back of business card just a slip of paper is fine. Don't need a special card.

6) Would you rather have nothing at all except the item and packing material?

I am not bothered one way or the other. 

As long as it is no personal carp, I am fine as long as I get my item(s).

Sometimes I send a packing slip, sometimes I don't. When I do, jot a quick thank you at the bottom of it. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I'm all aboard the packing slip train. A few years ago I was doing a project and buying multiples of one product from different sellers. Since the products were the same, without packing slips I had no idea which purchases had arrived. Fortunately all arrived and were as described, but I would have been up the creek without a paddle had something gone wrong.

As for thank you's, I think they're a nice touch, but I would never think less of a seller for not including one. A handwritten line on the packing slip is my fave, with an actual note in an envelope coming in a close second. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I don't buy enough things by mail for a packing slip to be essential. I purchase a bit from Wally dot com, and there is never any paperwork in the box, but their return is a simple process, so no big deal.

As a seller I always include a packing slip. "Thank you" is printed on the slip.

Something to note. Some years back there was an ID on eBay that was exclusively listing/selling items that were "lost in the mail". Things that could not be identified for return to the sender, or to make their way to the buyer. Thousands of items. Would packing slips have helped? Did they have packing slips? Again, thousands of items.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

No, No, No, Generally Yes, Not only no but bleep no (a lot of sellers subsidize their cheap sales by providing paid advertising as their "packing slips"), generally yes.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I could not care less either way as a buyer - so long as my item arrives I am happy and will thank the seller via feedback.

As a seller, including a thank you note with my business details is how I started my own website - thank you eBay.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Even if I buy for work, I print out the order confirmation and that’s enough for our records.

Whether for business or personal purchases, it goes straight to the recycling bin, but who knows how much actually gets recycled. 😞

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@suzysemporium,

(1) Yes.  

(2) It can help so Yes. 

(3)  Yes, but.    In all of my online buying years, I have never bought multiples of one item from different platforms. When I bought multiples from different ebay sellers, I noted the item numbers and the state they were coming from to keep things straight.

4)  No, but it doesn't matter one way or the other to me.

5)  A Thank you note, especially a hand signed one is always nice.  Business cards can be helpful.

(6)  I think that question is answered in the above replies.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I appreciate but do not expect a packing slip. Also, I appreciate, but do not expect a thank you message. I believe a slip DOES help if the label on the package is damaged. There are many buyers who hate to receive anything but their item... But  I think a personal business acknowledgement of any sort is a positive thing.

I will most likely remember your thank you note and business card for future purposes more than I will my widget just thrown in a box and a sense of " good riddance, pesky buyer"

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

A thank you note is a nicety.  I don't feel like it's absolutely necessary.   I'm not sure ANYTHING can keep the post office from screwing up once they head down that path.  A business card is definitely welcome, as I have developed  many good business relationships from that inclusion over the years.  When you develop a one-on-one trusting relationship with a seller, it's a good feeling to give ebay the boot.      

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I usually include one  but just got a request not to, with a very honest explanation from the buyer  that he was drop shipping . How many admit it?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply