cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Nonpaying Bidder Process

8 times out of 10, in the previous process for non-paying bidders (buyers), the buyer ended up paying for the item when you submitted a NPB notice. Now, we are required to CANCEL the sale and the item is relisted and we are letting the buyer go and are deleting a sale? How is this a better process for all concerned?

Or, did I miss something in this new process?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: New Nonpaying Bidder Process

It sounds like you were having better luck getting paid than most sellers.  I'm guessing ebay was having too many unpaid item disputes to deal with, and allowing buyers 4 days to pay and then allowing a seller to file a Cancellation, get their FVF credited, and giving the buyer an unpaid strike was their solution to all of this.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The new process does not "let[] the buyer go".  The results are the same:  the buyer gets a strike same as the old system and is prevented from leaving feedback (and feedback left prior to the strike can get removed), the seller gets the FVF credit and the status of the transaction is settled (2 days faster than the old UID process and I'm assuming 6 days faster than cancelling at the buyer's request where the buyer had 10 days to confirm s/he hadn't paid which simply didn't happen so the process was not final until the 10 days had passed).

You make a good point about the opening of the old UID getting some buyers to pay (though I suspect you are counting some who would have paid before day 4 whether you had opened it or not).  eBay says they are sending out more reminder notices (and some early ones buyers reported getting specifically gave the date of the 4th day as their deadline).  You might check the discussion boards for sellers (e.g.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/bd-p/selling-db    ) for discussions of whether it might help or hurt to send out your own reminder on day 2 or 3 (or start one if you can't find an existing one).

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

eBay still sends the reminder. Once four days from purchase has passed, you can cancel the transaction for non-payment. You have 30 days from purchase to do so, so it's not automatic unless you want it to be.

Learn about the new process and how to set your preferences here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&st=3&pos=1&quer...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Actually, I always waited 6 days before filing the NPB with eBay. My process has been if they don't pay within 3 days, I send an invoice (because I know eBay sends one initially). Then I wait for day 6. When I filed the NPB, most of the time, I received payment JUST before I could cancel the sale and request my refund. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the link.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply