cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Your Help!

I just started selling Orignal Art ACEO cards again on eBay, after being away for several years. 

I sold a couple but to my great surprise, eBay postage wants to charge me $3.58 for First Class postage with tracking.  I am using a 6 x 9" bubble envelope. Is this the lowest rate available? At this postage rate, I am afraid my business is done before it has started. Any thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful. Thanking you all in advance. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need Your Help!

If card is under 3 ounces and sells for $20 or less, you can use eBay Standard Shipping Envelopes for about $1. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Yep, it costs us about $5 minimum to send anything.
USPS now considers bubble mailers to be packages and charges accordingly.
You can still send in a standard envelope, albeit without tracking - unless you want to pay for that as well.
One thought I've had, but not tried yet, is to make the ATC part of a larger post card and send it at the post card rate. It precludes any add-ons or fine art ATCs. Just a thought.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Yes, that is the lowest rate possible. Expect USPS prices to continue to rise....

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Depending on the value of what you are selling, many sellers are just using regular mail-- no tracking, but gets your product out there...

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thanks. This is very helpful.  I am afraid to send it without tracking, so I guess have to ship via First Class. If this is feasible in the long run remains to be seen. Ebay won't pay you without tracking, so I don't see how you can mail it in a regular envelope. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

But how do they get eBay to pay them without tracking?  Doesn't eBay sit on your money until tracking is confirmed?

Thanks for your help. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

If card is under 3 ounces and sells for $20 or less, you can use eBay Standard Shipping Envelopes for about $1. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hi, I use a standard no. 10 security envelope and print the postage and address using stamps.com.  I put my ACEO card in a soft plastic sleeve and fold a little piece of scotch tape and stick it on the back of the plastic. I then take a sheet of copy paper and fold it in thirds to fit in the envelope like a letter. I tape the card into the middle of the folds so it doesn't slide around and put it all in the envelope, seal it and mail it. I don't trust my mailbox, so I take it to the post office.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

You could try using a standard envelope - just upload the tracking from the receipt from the post office. As a buyer myself, buyers like having a tracking # for items they buy.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I'll check this out. Thanks for the info. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Open an account with pirate ship and start purchasing your shipping labels through them.  They're a little cheaper than usps. Is free to make account.  

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the info. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply