cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FindItemsAdvanced blockedSellers failure

Getting a search failure with blocked sellers. It is returning that all of the blocked sellers are invalid. 
Searches without blocked sellers work fine. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@apsm100 

The "technical issues" forum is not for the API, but if you find the same bug on the site, then that forum is the place to report.

It does look like you need to purchase hours to access the bug report option. I presume that helps avoid frivolous bug reports that are simply user error. If you purchase premium support, it is a deposit on your account. In my experience, your account would not be debited for a bug report. However, if it turns out to be user error and there is some further communication to resolve the user error, then the deposit would be charged for a minimum of 1/2 hour. 

Here is what eBay states:

All Support Requests are charged at 30 minute increments. Charges for incidents which are determined to be caused by eBay code defects may be refunded at eBay's discretion. Minimum charge for a support request including bug report triage time is 30 minutes. If more than 1 support hour is required to answer your question, you will be notified prior to the continued investigation of your request.

Here is what the support page looks like:

Developer - support requestDeveloper - support request

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Further testing. Seems to run into this issue when there are more than 70 blocked sellers. 
The response time when it is less than 70 sellers is probably about twice as long, so something is wrong. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Is there anywhere I can submit an API bug ticket? Still having the same issue. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Painfully slow response time with 80 blocked sellers. And I am seeing some blocked sellers get through to the response occasionally. With 81 blocked sellers the search errors out.
Is this API going to be deprecated? 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@apsm100 wrote:

Is there anywhere I can submit an API bug ticket? Still having the same issue. 

https://developer.ebay.com/support/developer-technical-support

You can report a bug on the support ticket page. If there is a bug, there won't be a charge.

https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets

However, I would recommend that you first try blocking the same number of sellers on the Advanced Search page to see if it is also occurring there. If it is, it would support your case:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, I will try that out. I did make a post in the "Report eBay Technical Issues" today as well. 
Also to clarify, for the premium suppprt, I will need to purchase hours first and if a bug is found they will reimburse me?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@apsm100 

The "technical issues" forum is not for the API, but if you find the same bug on the site, then that forum is the place to report.

It does look like you need to purchase hours to access the bug report option. I presume that helps avoid frivolous bug reports that are simply user error. If you purchase premium support, it is a deposit on your account. In my experience, your account would not be debited for a bug report. However, if it turns out to be user error and there is some further communication to resolve the user error, then the deposit would be charged for a minimum of 1/2 hour. 

Here is what eBay states:

All Support Requests are charged at 30 minute increments. Charges for incidents which are determined to be caused by eBay code defects may be refunded at eBay's discretion. Minimum charge for a support request including bug report triage time is 30 minutes. If more than 1 support hour is required to answer your question, you will be notified prior to the continued investigation of your request.

Here is what the support page looks like:

Developer - support requestDeveloper - support request

Message 7 of 7
latest reply