cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if ESE gets lost BEFORE first USPS scan

My ESEs only get an originating scan about half the time.  What happens if one gets lost?  Will ebay cover it?  I've been taking pictures of them in my mailbox or being dropped into the mail slot at the post office.  Not sure that would help though.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Seems there's always a lot of confusion & misinformation when any thread regarding ESE comes up, here are a few facts gleaned from using the service for a couple years;

If your shipment shows no acceptance scan and the item is "lost" you can not win an insurance claim as there is no proof the item was shipped

If your shipment shows at least an acceptance scan and the item is "lost" you can win an insurance claim as this is proof the item was shipped

You must have a paypal account to receive an insurance payment as this is the only way the insurance provided with ESE pays out

Taking photos of the items being mailed is a waste of time, no one uses these as proof of mailing

Taking your items to the P.O. counter is a waste of time, they can not scan them

I've had to file a few insurance claims on ESE shipments and they were quickly paid

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If the item gets lost before an acceptance scan you lose. It’s why I take mine to the counter. If I have too many packages I use a scan sheet.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

ESE is not scanned at the counter. It is not "tracked"

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

ESEs get scanned by the sortation equipment.  Taking it to the counter does no good.  I don't think the postal clerk would put it into the sorter on request.  they probably only run it a few times a day, and only after hours.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If there is NO final item delivered scan, you will lose.  You are responsible, not ebay and not the post office.  Start adding something to the shipping fee and save that money to pay for any item lost.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Seems there's always a lot of confusion & misinformation when any thread regarding ESE comes up, here are a few facts gleaned from using the service for a couple years;

If your shipment shows no acceptance scan and the item is "lost" you can not win an insurance claim as there is no proof the item was shipped

If your shipment shows at least an acceptance scan and the item is "lost" you can win an insurance claim as this is proof the item was shipped

You must have a paypal account to receive an insurance payment as this is the only way the insurance provided with ESE pays out

Taking photos of the items being mailed is a waste of time, no one uses these as proof of mailing

Taking your items to the P.O. counter is a waste of time, they can not scan them

I've had to file a few insurance claims on ESE shipments and they were quickly paid

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

That's discouraging.  I've had ESE shipments make it all the way to the recipient with zero "scans".  Fortunately none were ever lost.  So far at least.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Lose what exactly?  They are insured by ebay, or at least someone ebay hires.  They don't need to be delivered to be covered.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

She's probably just thinking of normal tracked deliveries not eBay standard envelope.

With ESE if they file an INR and it doesn't say delivered the buyer does receive their money back from you but as long as the envelope was scanned at some point by usps (proving they had it) then you can get the money refunded to you when you file a claim.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I was thinking standard packages not ebay envelopes. Never used one and have no use for one. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply