cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS says item delivered but Buyer says it never arrived

I am the seller.  Buyer says package never arrived.  USPS did not lose the package. Tracking indicated that it was delivered. She said she didn't receive it. She could be lying, it could have been stolen, it could have been delivered to the wrong house. Doesn't that end my responsibility? Now she is starting a case on me. I am so MAD! She wants her money back.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If she filed an Item Nor Received case against you, respond with the tracking number. This will add the tracking information to the case — which, as you say, shows that the package was Delivered. You will win the case. The buyer may receive a courtesy refund from eBay, but you will not be out any money.

You are correct — the package could have been stolen by a porch pirate, or USPS could have delivered it to a neighbor by mistake. The most constructive thing your buyer could have done — knowing as she should that she wouldn't win an INR — is to inquire with her mail carrier or local postmaster about what happened to the package.

BTW, as much as there are sellers who like to complain about how eBay treats its sellers, here is something to consider: I had a case just like yours about 6 months ago, but on Amazon Marketplace . There, seller protection doesn't cover you unless you buy signature confirmation, regardless of value. Like you, I had an angry buyer, not particularly interested in actually finding the package, more interested in extracting a pound of flesh. Amazon stuck a knife in me and drew out $40. By its own rules, eBay won't do you like that in this case, just respond with the tracking number.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Just tell the buyer that the package is showing delivered. 

Suggest that she contact her Postmaster so they can look on their computer and see EXACTLY (within 5 feet) where the carrier scanned it delivered. If the carrier miss-delivered it they (the carrier) will have to go and recover the package. If not and the package was stolen from their property you are willing to help provide a detailed description of the package and contents for their police report.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply