cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVER BILLED by EBAY and NEVER REFUNDED DESPITE ALL SHIPPING INFO CORRECT anyone had this happen???

I entered  CORRECT info on package.  I selected FEDEX SMARTPOST (now ground economy) FEDEX delivered it themselves instead of to post office, like they is supposed to do.   I got charge BY EBAY for extra $13 for???

I can still go to the order FEDEX ground economy $7.17  exact weight dimensions     All   EBAY CHAT REPS all say "You is gonna get a refund"  I will do blah blah   NOTHING   They is trying to help and I no it ain't they fault

Anyone enter CORRECT info and get charged by EBAY???????????????

I know EBAY hates sellers, especially small seller and they default position it to black the sellers.  We is expendable worthless garbage and despite make them $$$   seem to want us all gone

Wondering how common this is.  I know I sure as hail never use that service again.  BTW FEDEX lost they smartpost contract  ends SEPT this yr

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

OVER BILLED by EBAY and NEVER REFUNDED DESPITE ALL SHIPPING INFO CORRECT anyone had this happen???

@rosemary6525 wrote:

the charge for company I work for is  $21 on they account to ship exact package to that residence      retail $26   why the BLANK   SCUM EBAY shows $7.17 FEDEX GROUND ECONOMY  I do not know    its STILL THERE  right now May 14       ITS insane you cannot ship FEDEX from Ebays website now    I used to ship FEDEX on ebay and never had problem   and ebay default position is take it out on seller

The eBay shipping calculator is not taking into account dimensional weights when it shows a price.

There are several other deficiencies with the price that eBay shows for shipping via FedEx:

• They do not disclose additional charges for declared values over $100
  • They do not disclose additional charges for shipping to remote addresses (like that rancher in the middle of Montana).
  • They do not disclose surcharges for dimensions that exceed FedEx limits
  • They do not warn sellers that they can be slapped with a $20-25 surcharge if the eBay seller ships in anything other than a rectangular cardboard box.

So, yes, it is a deceptive practice of eBay, whereby they effectively get sellers to sell for a lower price.  They could fix this, but they don't.  eBay simply places responsibility for knowing all these things (plus a dozen more) on the seller.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Did you have any screen shots?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I can say that FedEx is the most complained about here on the forum for adding extra charges after the fact. FedEx sends the additional charge to eBay and eBay debits your account.

FWIW, I stay away from FedEx and use USPS GA and UPS Ground and have zero problems. 

Posting ID
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

all info correct on ebay website  here what they did and was delivered by FEDEX no post office involved

Tracking number 61299998825460165795 Tracking status Delivered Order number Buyer ID / Name Service FedEx Smart Post Ship from MS 38671-4658 Ship to FL 33908-5256 Label creation date Apr 01, 2024 Weight 2.00 lbs Dimensions 16 x 27 x 4 inby carrier 11.00 lbs

Shipping cost

• Initial label cost
    Paid
    $7.17
  • Cost adjustment
    (charge)
    Paid
    $13.11
  • Total
    $20.28
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

FedEx is absolutely the last shipping service I would ever use on eBay. They are notorious for adding extra charges to shipments after the fact. eBay's calculator isn't set up to figure in all the surcharges that FedEx comes up with, that is why when you purchase a FedEx label on eBay it states this is just an estimate of charges. Same goes for UPS.

If you are going to use either FedEx or UPS you should really set up an account with them. I did this for both FedEx and UPS and you would be amazed the difference in prices you would see by doing that compared to what eBay's calculator comes up with.

The problem with FedEx Smart Post and UPS Sure Post is that final delivery is supposed to be made by the Post Office, but sometimes the drivers don't have a full load to deliver that day so they will sometimes deliver it themselves instead of dropping them off at the Post Office for final delivery the next day by USPS.

I pretty much stick with USPS Ground Advantage for all my shipments, occasionally I use USPS Priority, then UPS and lastly FedEx.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I can't imagine any 11 pound box that is 27 x 16 x 4 costing only 7 bucks from any carrier. 

If the box was really 27" x 16" x 4 1/8" and the weight was 11 pounds 1 ounce there will be significant cost adjustments.  I recommend measuring and weighing again after it is packed.   You can't go by whatever measurements are listed on the box, you have to actually measure it.  Also packing materials add weight and the shipping label itself isn't weightless.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@rosemary6525 wrote:
Tracking number 61299998825460165795 Tracking status Delivered Order number Buyer ID / Name Service FedEx Smart Post Ship from MS 38671-4658 Ship to FL 33908-5256 Label creation date Apr 01, 2024 Weight 2.00 lbs Dimensions 16 x 27 x 4 inby carrier 11.00 lbs

@rosemary6525 

Shipping with FedEx is much more complex than shipping with the USPS.  And, eBay doesn't help you to properly understand how it works, or what it all entails.  But here is some guidance as to what happened.

1. You told FedEx that the package had a scale weight of 2 pounds ... maybe you didn't put in the dimensions correctly (or at all), or eBay ignored them.  Regardless,  the price you were charged, 7.17, is for a 2 pound package to go from 38671 to 33908.
  2. When FedEx scanned the package size of 16 x 27 x 4, they calculate what is called a dimensional weight using the formula 16*27*4/139 = 12,43,  FedEx rounds this number up to the nearest whole, which is 13 pounds.
  3. The package billing weight is the larger of the scale weight (2 pounds) and the dimensional weight (13 pounds).  Thus, the shipping charge for this package is $15.49 ... that's based on the billing rate of 13 pounds.
  4. The remainder of the charge is $4.79.  This could be a number of things, and I believe that you can get a breakdown by going to your label page and clicking on the FedEx charge.  It may have a fuel surcharge, but I would expect this only to be a couple of dollars.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

No actual weight was 2 pounds  and yes  I just calculated again on EBAY and Now its $7.15 UPS ground and 7.17 Fedex ground economy   27x16x4

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

YES from now on Fedex DO NOT EXIST

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

the charge for company I work for is  $21 on they account to ship exact package to that residence      retail $26   why the BLANK   SCUM EBAY shows $7.17 FEDEX GROUND ECONOMY  I do not know    its STILL THERE  right now May 14       ITS insane you cannot ship FEDEX from Ebays website now    I used to ship FEDEX on ebay and never had problem   and ebay default position is take it out on seller

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@rosemary6525 wrote:

The eBay shipping calculator is not taking into account dimensional weights when it shows a price.

There are several other deficiencies with the price that eBay shows for shipping via FedEx:

• They do not disclose additional charges for declared values over $100
  • They do not disclose additional charges for shipping to remote addresses (like that rancher in the middle of Montana).
  • They do not disclose surcharges for dimensions that exceed FedEx limits
  • They do not warn sellers that they can be slapped with a $20-25 surcharge if the eBay seller ships in anything other than a rectangular cardboard box.

So, yes, it is a deceptive practice of eBay, whereby they effectively get sellers to sell for a lower price.  They could fix this, but they don't.  eBay simply places responsibility for knowing all these things (plus a dozen more) on the seller.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

the actual  weight UNDER 2 lbs     EBAY is supposed to calculate all the dimensional pricing etc    Obviously they calculate WRONG  and the seller takes it up the WAZOO for Ebay mistakes

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

you is as wise as King Solomon   YEP they is (meaning EBAY) crooked underhanded thieves and probably resort to such practices to get people to sell lower,  especially after doing few calculations to estimate shipping.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply