cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an option to send packages through a post office?

Hello eBay Community,

As a new seller on eBay, I'm trying to wrap my head around the intricacies of shipping options. I've chose to use the option to use calculated shipping payment based on the buyer's country. However, I'm encountering a challenge with the available shipping carriers.

I'm not based in the United States, so using USPS isn't an option for me. Additionally, I prefer not to use courier companies such as UPS, and would rather utilize the postal service in my own country. My question is: Is it possible to use my country's postal service for shipping on eBay, or am I limited to choosing from the courier companies listed in the shipping options?

Any insights or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there an option to send packages through a post office?

If you're listing on eBay.com, then "domestic" shipping means shipping to buyers in the United States.  So for Domestic shipping, you want to first choose the option to set a flat rate for shipping, and then scroll down to the bottom of the list of services and choose "Economy shipping from outside the US," or "Standard shipping from outside the US," or "Expedited shipping from outside the US," depending on the cost and speed of the Israeli service you plan to use.  Then the flat price that you charge buyers would be whatever it will cost you to ship to your buyers who are in the US.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"... and would rather utilize the postal service in my own country."

@uniqueelectronicsa 

In the US, our postal service offers International shipping, too. Does the postal service in your country offer it as well?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes, in my country there is an option to ship abroad to many countries, but I can't find an option on ebay to select this type of shipping.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If you're listing on eBay.com, then "domestic" shipping means shipping to buyers in the United States.  So for Domestic shipping, you want to first choose the option to set a flat rate for shipping, and then scroll down to the bottom of the list of services and choose "Economy shipping from outside the US," or "Standard shipping from outside the US," or "Expedited shipping from outside the US," depending on the cost and speed of the Israeli service you plan to use.  Then the flat price that you charge buyers would be whatever it will cost you to ship to your buyers who are in the US.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

In terms of shipping to the US, I understood how it works after reading in several places, but I appreciate your detailed explanation anyway. However, my main problem is knowing if I can ship worldwide using the "Calculated" option through a post office? , how exactly does it work in terms of pricing?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@uniqueelectronicsa wrote: ... my main problem is knowing if I can ship worldwide using the "Calculated" option through a post office?  

No, you can't  calculate postage from Israel in an eBay listing. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

So if I understood correctly, I have to do the entire calculation of how much the shipping will cost me according to the prices at the post office in my country and I can send worldwide through the post office? Of course when it comes to "Flat Price".

Message 7 of 7
latest reply