cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotions - two questions

Two promotions questions for the experts. I have a closeout category where everything is buy 1, get 3 free. A customer put 8 eligible items in their cart and only three showed up as free. So I created a second promotion for that category and now have Buy 1, Get 3 Free and Buy 2, Get 6 Free running for everything in that category.

First question: why was this even necessary? Seems like just the first promotion should handle this scenario.

Now when I look at the items in this closeout category, some of them display Buy 1 Get 3 and others display Buy 2 Get 6. I want Buy 1 Get 3 to always display. I have changed the display priority of these promotions and it doesn't seem to make any difference. 

Second question: How is the display priority supposed to work, and why isn't it working for me?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Promotions - two questions

Here's the problem @jpwest13 :

I found your buy 1 get 3 free promo (link) and you set a limit - promotion applies only once per transaction.

orderdiscount-jpwest13.png

Suggestion:

- End Buy 2 Get 6 promo

- End Buy 1 Get 3 promo

- Create new Buy 1 Get 3 promo and don't check the box that limits buyers to once per transaction. See the difference below?

orderdiscount-transactionlimit.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Display priority is a joke. It does not do what every seller thinks it will do: control which promo is displayed on a listing. eBay determines which promo displays on the listing based on algorithms factoring in things like best deal, buyer engagement, etc. When running 2 order discounts on the same item sellers cannot control which, if any, appears on the listing.

Display priority is supposed to control the display order on promotions manager page for sellers. Pointless.

"I have a closeout category where everything is buy 1, get 3 free. A customer put 8 eligible items in their cart and only three showed up as free."

Can you provide the item numbers? Happy to test this out and see what might be going on.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

203310393737 displays "buy 2 get 6."

203349639270 displays "buy 1 get 3."

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Here's the problem @jpwest13 :

I found your buy 1 get 3 free promo (link) and you set a limit - promotion applies only once per transaction.

orderdiscount-jpwest13.png

Suggestion:

- End Buy 2 Get 6 promo

- End Buy 1 Get 3 promo

- Create new Buy 1 Get 3 promo and don't check the box that limits buyers to once per transaction. See the difference below?

orderdiscount-transactionlimit.png

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply