cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal Slow Down

Just Announced on the news that USPS package shipping is going to slow down, I hope ebay posts something for customers to see, Because I don't want late deliveries affecting me!, & They shouldn't

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Postal Slow Down

I have this same question and concern! I read the article yesterday;

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/29/politics/usps-mail-slowdown/index.html

Seems to me this slowdown has now taken effect. I dropped off 8 First Class packages yesterday morning and none of them have been scanned. I have always gotten for the most part prompt scans in the past. I now worry these will be marked as late shipments. I know you should always get your scans in person but I do wish USPS was more efficient in scanning that first scan. I do love and support USPS and hope they get better direction. I think I will need to extend my handling time for First Class packages for now. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@meme6253 wrote:

Just Announced on the news that USPS package shipping is going to slow down, I hope ebay posts something for customers to see, Because I don't want late deliveries affecting me!, & They shouldn't

There was an announcement a day or two ago about a change in the promises for First Class envelopes & Flats and for Periodicals.

But it specifically said that First Class Packages would not be affected.

Did you see a new announcement aside from the one posted in the shipping board?

https://money.yahoo.com/usps-mail-delivery-permanently-slower-100008087.html

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

Just Announced on the news that USPS package shipping is going to slow down,

Insert standard joke here... ("HOW WILL WE NOTICE?" 😁)

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

They want to go ground instead of air. Anything that is going ground has been delivered  in over a week. I got mail from China faster than USPS ground. They also want to limit postal facilities time of operations. We use to have the best  mail in the world.  In other words we are going to charge you more and give you bad service , and you will love it. No I will shop a lot less How to put us into the great depression part two...

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

In other words we are going to charge you more and give you bad service , and you will love it. 

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

I've received super quick First Class service this week. Hope it holds up!

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

I have this same question and concern! I read the article yesterday;

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/29/politics/usps-mail-slowdown/index.html

Seems to me this slowdown has now taken effect. I dropped off 8 First Class packages yesterday morning and none of them have been scanned. I have always gotten for the most part prompt scans in the past. I now worry these will be marked as late shipments. I know you should always get your scans in person but I do wish USPS was more efficient in scanning that first scan. I do love and support USPS and hope they get better direction. I think I will need to extend my handling time for First Class packages for now. 

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

I really hope this is the case, and the 8 first class packages I sent yesterday morning that are not moving is just a fluke.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Love them... the note they just gave us is we are going to charge you a lot more, cut facility hours, stop air for ground travel, and give crappy service. If you are sending something live like a plant , etc. Good luck. We use to have the best postal service in the world.  (You will own nothing and love it.  )

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Their crappy service is going to come with postal increases which are already too much.  While people struggle to make ends meet they want more and more. You loving it.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I agree with you, the increases are ridiculous and the service is lacking. I love the service they have given me the last 10 years and I support them in hopes that changes will be made in the future to better their services. 

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

I've received super quick First Class service this week. Hope it holds up!

I shipped one First Class on the 27th, DC to CA. Checked the tracking today and saw it had actually been delivered yesterday.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

If eBay does nothing to modify the delivery date they are presenting to the buyers you will probably notice by the increase in INR's and buyer complaints. 

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

...there is NONE announcement from USPS about delaying in processing or delivery time...

...there is untrustworthy news from CNN and Yahoo as they are "birds of a feather flock together" spreading lies and injecting fear-mongers to society...

...with the minimum wages for flipping hamburgers from $15 to $18/hour, some young fellas would rather working in fast-food restaurants than becoming a postal worker as not much higher in salary but too much responsibility, constantly in demand, long working hours, heavy physical workforce, no time for playing around or party...(I repeat exactly words from a new hiring level CCA (City Carrier Assistant) guy when was asked why he quit just after 10 days of service...)

...USPS can not hiring fast enough employees to replace an upcoming major retirees whom fear and tired of lack of leadership, unstable economy, the nasty virus, unpredictable government controllers...

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Couple of problems here:

@bbravo65 wrote:

...there is NONE announcement from USPS about delaying in processing or delivery time...

...there is untrustworthy news from CNN and Yahoo as they are "birds of a feather flock together" spreading lies and injecting fear-mongers to society...

DeJoy himself has stated that there will be a first class mail slow-down due to change in delivery methods.  It will be 1-3 days changing to 1-5 days delivery window. 

...with the minimum wages for flipping hamburgers from $15 to $18/hour, some young fellas would rather working in fast-food restaurants than becoming a postal worker as not much higher in salary but too much responsibility, constantly in demand, long working hours, heavy physical workforce, no time for playing around or party...(I repeat exactly words from a new hiring level CCA (City Carrier Assistant) guy when was asked why he quit just after 10 days of service...)

Many young WOMEN actually support families with these burger flipping jobs - we have a permanent class of entry level employment due to offshoring among other changes.  Also, since the 1930s until about 1968 minimum wages had kept pace with inflation and productivity growth, when, like most other wages,  it stalled.  Had it continued to be indexed to inflation and productivity, it would now be $24/hour - we're used to an endless supply of fast food dumps and serviced by underpaid labour, even by 1930s standards.  It would be impossible, due to the embedded nature of underpaid labour structures to now raise the minimum wage that high, but $15 at least keeps some heads above the water.  And the USPS does hire women, as well.  Maybe some people don't have what it takes, but a lot of people do stick with it - our local stations are filling their jobs. 

It's a lot easier for the oligarchs to let we plebs fight each other for crumbs and pennies instead of seeing the real problems underlying income inequality.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 31
latest reply