cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPA numbers

Has anyone else had issues with EPA numbers?   Selling horse care supplies means there's fly spray and other "chemicals" I'm trying to list.  Most have an EPA number right there on the bottle.  One in particular does not.  I contacted the company and they said it's EPA exempt.  They even gave me the EPA exemption number.  eBay will not accept this number and I've gone in circles with the chatbot about it.  Other sellers are listing it under another category or using a fake EPA number.  I think I tried the category change but it swapped it back and I'm not ballsy enough to just use a fake number.

The product is Pyranha Zero Bite.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: EPA numbers

Are you sure that product is allowed @emwtackshop? I don't know if it's considered a "natural flea and tick product" but if it is, then it's not allowed. If it is allowed, then per the below policy it requires an EPA number to be listed on eBay. So if it's EPA-exempt then I guess you can't list it.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/pesticides-policy?id=4630

Examples of pesticide products that aren’t allowed include:

Diazinon
Dursban 50W
Natural fea and tick products
Rodenticides containing brodifacoum, bromadiolone, difenacoum or difethialone
Cleaning products that claim to disinfect or sanitize both the skin and any surface
Defense sprays that reference use for both humans and animals

Also part of that policy:

Examples of pesticide products that require an EPA registration number in the listing include but are not limited to:

Insecticides, repellents and attractants

Hey elizabeth@ebay - that page has a typo. It says FEA instead of FLEA. Can you escalate to the team in charge of help page updates?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: EPA numbers

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Are you sure that product is allowed @emwtackshop? I don't know if it's considered a "natural flea and tick product" but if it is, then it's not allowed. If it is allowed, then per the below policy it requires an EPA number to be listed on eBay. So if it's EPA-exempt then I guess you can't list it.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/pesticides-policy?id=4630

Examples of pesticide products that aren’t allowed include:

Diazinon
Dursban 50W
Natural fea and tick products
Rodenticides containing brodifacoum, bromadiolone, difenacoum or difethialone
Cleaning products that claim to disinfect or sanitize both the skin and any surface
Defense sprays that reference use for both humans and animals

Also part of that policy:

Examples of pesticide products that require an EPA registration number in the listing include but are not limited to:

Insecticides, repellents and attractants

Hey elizabeth@ebay - that page has a typo. It says FEA instead of FLEA. Can you escalate to the team in charge of help page updates?

Thanks @wastingtime101 for pointing this out. I'll get this right on over to them. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 3 of 3
latest reply