cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Turbo Lister -- Asking for Password

Hi.  Is anyone else having problems accessing Turbo Lister?  I have a lot things saved on it that I want to access and import to eBay active listings.  Problem is it's making me sign in with my password which I've never had to do before.  Then when I enter my eBay password it won't accept it and tells me I am not using a correct password.  I must have tried 10 times.  I am confident that I know my eBay password but when it denied it I tried some other passwords -- tried another 10 times with them, nothing.

Because eBay doesn't "support" TL anymore I can't even get someone on the line to help me with this.  This is maddening as if I don't get this straightened out I am going to lose all that time I put into all those spring/summer listings that I'd like to actively list on eBay now.

Wow.  Today just is not my day.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: seattlemagpies1

@klassic*kids - Thank you for posting on this Community Board thread.

I'm sorry that you have been having difficulties accessing your Turbo Lister user file when prompted to link up your eBay account with your Turbo Lister user file.

You stated that you couldn't contact us to get help with this issue. Did you call and ask for Turbo Lister support?

Since we don't have access to see what the password is, our system is trying to match up your user ID and password. On rare occassions when password is correct, but Turbo Lister doesn't accept it, it usually means corruption. But, this happens when trying to restore a backup file.

Please verify by logging out of your eBay account in your Internet browsers, then sign into your eBay account and manually signing in.  If it does the same thing as Turbo Lister, then something is invalid.

I can offer additional assistance once you have tried the verification process through the site.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@klassic*kids - Thank you for posting on this Community Board thread.

I'm sorry that you have been having difficulties accessing your Turbo Lister user file when prompted to link up your eBay account with your Turbo Lister user file.

You stated that you couldn't contact us to get help with this issue. Did you call and ask for Turbo Lister support?

Since we don't have access to see what the password is, our system is trying to match up your user ID and password. On rare occassions when password is correct, but Turbo Lister doesn't accept it, it usually means corruption. But, this happens when trying to restore a backup file.

Please verify by logging out of your eBay account in your Internet browsers, then sign into your eBay account and manually signing in.  If it does the same thing as Turbo Lister, then something is invalid.

I can offer additional assistance once you have tried the verification process through the site.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@mypaymentstest Thank you so much Mykal -- your customer service skills is exemplary.  I am up and running now and it saved me a ton of extra work!

Best, Deana

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Just setting up Turbolister and having the same problem on this thread.  ID and Password is 100% correct and working on other browswers, but when entered in TL to create new user file, says wrong password.  Glad it got solved here, but would like to know what the solution was.

Many Thanks

Jeff

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Does Turbo immediately ask for your password?  If not, click on Tools>Compact databases.

Otherwise...This is from the eBay Advanced Apps team...

Phone Support (US - 8 AM - 6 PM MST): **To call us, click on the Help & Contact link found at the top of most eBay pages. Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page. Select ‘Selling’ -> ‘Getting Started’ -> ‘Selling Tools’ for issues or concerns related to eBay listing tools that my team can assist you with. Now scroll to the bottom and click Call Us. Ask the customer support agent to transfer you to the Advanced Apps team.**

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It asks me at the Welcome screen...

Welcome to Turbo Lister, what would you like to do...

create new turbo lister file...yes please

enter ebay user ID and Password...no problem

Password incorrect, do not pass go or get started...much bigger problem

Message 6 of 6
latest reply