cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"People were also interested in..." items show "Free shipping" in error

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SQUIER-BY-FENDER-STRAT-AFFINITY-SERIES-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-/273058534301?nma=tr...

With the above URL, there are a number of items listed (horizontally) under the caption "People were also interested in 1/2".  Some of the items have "Free shipping" under the current bid or buy-it-now amount.  In multiple instances, when you click on the item and go to the listing, you learn that there actually is a shipping charge.  Examples: 202225270635 (shipping $78.20), 183061503242 (shipping $56.68).

This results in wasting time looking at items that I'm not interested in because of high shipping charges.  Further, someone could see "Free shipping" and bid without reading the listing and either have to cancel their bid or get stuck paying when they discover the error.

Listed items show "Free shipping"Listed items show "Free shipping"

Listing shows actual, non-free shippingListing shows actual, non-free shipping 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I think I found out why this is happening -- I clicked on "See Detail" next to the shipping charge and found that there was a free local pickup option.  Technically, free pickup is not free shipping because the item isn't being shipped to you -- you're picking it up.  It would be more accurate to say something like "+ $78.20 or free local pickup".  Just sayin'.

Steve

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@Anonymous

could you please take a look at this........

thanks

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@Anonymous

could you please take a look at this........

thanks

Hi @dhbookds, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll get this reported to the appropriate team for further review! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 4 of 4
latest reply