cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings are duplicating

I have relisted some items with the 80% off fees promotion, but it keeps duplicating item numbers. I have used 38 listings but the number of listings remaining says 36 and keeps decreasing. Why is this happening? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Listings are duplicating

@pudding_fan 

I see 38 listings in total.

I don't see any duplicate item numbers; I'm not sure I understand what you're saying with that.

lacemaker3_0-1714740309276.png

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi,

I had 100 promotional listings this morning, I have listed 38 which is what you can see but my listing count is going down as the day goes on even though I haven’t listed anything else. It now shows I have 30 out of 100 left meaning I have used 70 when I have only actually used 38. I have downloaded my listings from ebay and they are being duplicated but not actually showing up on my visible listings.

It’s very strange. I was hoping to list quite a few more items this weekend under the promotion but at this rate there won’t be any left.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Can you share the item numbers for some of the duplicated pairs of items?

This is strange. Have you ever signed up with something like webinterpret, which is supposed to increase international sales by duplicating your listings on other eBay websites? Or do you use a third-party listing app or service?

I have been checking into this, trying to figure out what might be happening. But every way that I search, I can only find 38 listings, all listed on eBay UK. I've checked, and there are no duplicates among those 38 (using ISDNTEK's duplicate listing scanner).

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi, thanks for looking into this. One of the item numbers is 176361858848. On the downloaded list of the items I have listed this exact number has been duplicated, so when you search the item number it shows one listing, but it has used two listing slots on the promotional offer. This is the same the same for most of the other item numbers.

Not to worry, I can list my other items another time. Must be a glitch with Ebay that may be sorted out in the next couple of days. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

One of the item numbers is 176361858848.

@pudding_fan 

I don't even see that ^^^ number as an active listing. Could it be rollover relists that are bringing your number down?

ETA: I'm an idiot. I think I don't see it because you don't ship to the USA? Matter of fact, I don't see any listings...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

No I don't have any auto relists. 

I have just looked on member to member support and found that someone is having a similar issue. They have listed 60  items but their number of promotional listings shows 12 out of 100 remaining.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@pudding_fan wrote:

Hi, thanks for looking into this. One of the item numbers is 176361858848. On the downloaded list of the items I have listed this exact number has been duplicated, so when you search the item number it shows one listing, but it has used two listing slots on the promotional offer. This is the same the same for most of the other item numbers.

Not to worry, I can list my other items another time. Must be a glitch with Ebay that may be sorted out in the next couple of days. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks again.

If there is only one item number, then it is only one listing. As long as it is not listed in 2 categories, it would not use up two free-insertion-fee listings (or two of your special fee promotion listings). As far as I can see, that one is only in 1 category: Toys & Games > Construction & Building Toys > LEGO (R) Building Toys > LEGO (R) Complete Sets & Packs (#19006).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176361858848

lacemaker3_0-1714754792659.png

I am not familiar with the list that you downloaded, and I'm not sure why item numbers might be duplicated on the list, but it should not affect the number of listings you get in the promotion.

You might want to check the eBay UK community, and see if anyone else has been having issues like this. That promotion is not available here on eBay USA.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/

Message 8 of 8
latest reply