cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I follow the rules but eBay sends me (This listing has a policy violation.)

Hello everyone, I am selling a steering wheel, and I am posting a photo of a steering wheel with an airbag for visualization and an example, but in the description of the ad I wrote that (Air bag is for display only and is not included in sale) But Ebay blocked my listing anyway and wrote (This listing has a policy violation.)

Although I have other ads with a photo of an airbag that also says (Airbag not included) and everything is fine there.

How does Ebay determine how to block listings and what should be indicated (in the description and in the photo) so that listings are not blocked?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ai of some sort.  And I'm convinced it recognizes pictures and relates them to other photo's.  AND/OR it could be the type of vehicle.
  Sometimes you'll get shot down, other times not.
BUT, whatever you do, don't continue trying to list that item by adjusting the description, title, category, etc.
You MIGHT try starting over from scratch a couple days later and changing stuff up then.
BUT, you'll wind up a hand slap and a 24hr listing ban if you keep it up.   OR much worse.

I've gotten in trouble for trying to list electronic gas pedal wiring plugs/pigtail.  eBay thinks I'm trying to list smog bypass delete stuff.  BUT, only on one certain make of vehicle.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for your recommendation! 

I'll try later again.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply