cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

favorite prototype locos and rollingstock

I believe we had a similar thread for modelling so in spirit of keep this group active with train related stuff, here's a new question; What is your favorite prototype loco(s) and rolling stock (if any)?
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

What is the home 20 mscwolf, and what is your name, or ebay handle? CJ]:)
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

MSCWolf, First, if all you have is a 4'x8' space, I might suggest a change of scale to N instead of HO. Reason, HO mimimum radius on curves for some of your desired equipment, intermodals and six axle diesels, is 18", 24" preferred. That means a simple oval only for good running. With N scale, you could go down to 11" radius for the same equipment. That's just one thought. B-)
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

WElcom mscwolf. And if you have the room, cut that 4X8 sheet into some dominoes. 2X4 or 1X8 feet in size. Form a C or L shaped layout or what ever pattern. This can give you a longer mainline run which will do modern diesels and intermodals justice. This would allow a commuter to run point to point. (aka town to town) Also these dominoes can be taken apart to allow for moving. (been there) Not trying to be intrusive. It's your layout but if you have the room, you will appreciate the layout in the long run. 4X8 in Ho scale espec with diesels won't give ya a lot of room. You'll find that you will outgrow the oval layout. Like ginzo said, N scale will offer more bang for the space, espec with all your families various RR interests. Either way enjoy the hobby. There's a good crowd here with lots of experience so we can help ya spend money. :^O dave N scaler
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

nascarpetlover
Enthusiast
Welcome to the local train nut house mscwolf. This is not necessarily the group to keep up with Jones' in, as we follow the theme get the best that you can afford and be happier in the long run. Dave does give some good advice to make the layout small and portable which n scale works the best. And small plans for Ntrak are easy to find. And yes like Dave I also model in N scale and am completely remodeling my train room before redoing my layout. Lou
Message 19 of 19
latest reply